Why doesn't eBay fix the listing migration tool?

At least 10 days and counting that the listing migration tool hasn't been working.

Refreshing never adds listings - it will spin for hours without doing anything.

ebay cuistomer service has been no help, technical support doesn't take phone calls, and ross patterson, the canadian coo for ebay, keeps posting that the tool is available until March, 2017. It is available to do nothinbg.

no one at ebay has been able to provide an answer if it discontinued or broken and being fixed.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

izzame
Community Member
Unfortunately, ebay "appears" to have a mandate, "If it's broke we don't fix it" I know this doesn't help your situation but is seems to be the way. Sellers now spend as much if not more time doing work arounds than listing. Lesson, don't wait for ebay to fix something, figure it out. Not right, not fair but that is how it is for sellers using ebay.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Are you only trying to move your listings with the migration tool?

Don't.

As you have learned, the tool does not work.

You'll just have to suck it up and move your listings manually.

Not all 2500+ though.

EBaydotCA remains the best choice for item like your headlamps, milk bottles and thick hardcover books.

Anything over 500 grams and/or 2cm thick has to go by Parcel Post, in some form, and those rates vary by destination as well as dimensions and weight.

For light, thin items like pennants, some of your magazines, and possibly your car emblems, you can stick with LetterPost/Light Packet which are Fixed Rate shipping.

Those are the ones you want to move to dotCOM.

You may even find that you can use Free Shipping for those. DON'T PANIC!

Free Shipping just means moving the (fixed) cost of shipping to your asking price.

Free Shipping is customer friendly.

Of course your customer knows in his heart that he is paying for shipping, but the 'deal' and the simplicity of pricing is still appealing.

I hope I am not preaching to the choir here. I realize you are an experienced seller.

But last summer when I was moving stuff to dotCOM, I gave up on the Tool, and moved a dozen or so items each day manually.

Since I didn't have the pictures saved, this took time, about five minutes per item.

But an hour a day for a month and they were all moved.

Small bonus. I found a few duplicate listings and relisted Sold items too. Plus some turkeys that went off to the thrift store.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought this tool has been retired long time ago??

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

honeybed1950 wrote:

It's been extended until March 31.  (for those who are able to get it to work properly.)

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/01/15/7928/

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@i.am.vivian wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been extended until March 31.  (for those who are able to get it to work properly.)

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/01/15/7928/

It's working for me, but there still a fair bit of work to do on setting up shipping on each listing. I've  got about 2000 more to go 😞

Message 6 of 6
latest reply