get ready for your final value fees to potentially go up....

So long story short.. i had a buyer who purchased 8 items, they were all sent in one package..  Buyer opened 8 cases of item not received..  i provided tracking, and all cases were closed...in my favor..

Now my service metric update shows 8 items not received, and i called c.s. and there is nothing they can do.. service metrics tracks how many claims are made against you,  it doesn't matter if they were resolved or not.

Since the new penalty fee increase doesn't go into effect until oct 20, i am o.k., but had this happen after Oct 20, Ebay has the right to raise my final value fees 4%..

I am sorry but this is so wrong..  So we can do everything right and still be wrong in Ebay's eyes..

So now we can be penalized for someone claiming item not received, even if tracking shows delivered.. so now we are responsible for lying buyers, and porch thefts..

What next.. I am so tired of jumping through the hoops..

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Quite an idea they've dreamed up. I hope you'll come out alright on this...
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

This is illogical. I think you received bad advice from the Customer Service Rep. If this were happening to me right now, I'd ask happy pigeon or Tyler to legitimize it. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Sounds like guilty even if you can prove your innocence...And no chance of an appeal!! Or Judge Judy having a really bad day!!!

-CM

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

AFTER being transferred 4 times, I spoke to the right person, and I asked if there was someone above her that I could talk to, she said they will give you the same answer, this is cut and dried, if someone opens a case against you for anything, with the new service metrics it will count as a strike, even it is resolved.. 

she said she will take everything I said and pass it along, and invited me to send my opinions, on the message's  tab. that asks what do you think. Well I told them what I think, politely ,. but I believe that went into a deep hole..

apparently we are in the beta stage, but this is all going live October 20th..

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

yes, the top cs that I spoke to said these defects  can't be removed, the new system counts the defects that are opened against you, regardless if they are resolved or not..   totally not fair..

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

and even if you have insurance and tracking, and the buyer says the items were never received, or stolen from their mailbox /porch,  we will get a defect for that as well: if they open an item not received case..

sure you may win and close a case for item not received, with tracking  with ebay, and get your money back from paypal for a chargeback,  but you will still get a strike as far as ebay is concerned..  and when you get enough of them they can raise our final value fees 4%..

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Wenig should be fired by the board. This is theft, plain and simple. No integrity whatsoever.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I agree that counting something like that against you is ridiculous but your info isn't 100% correct. They do count an inr against you even if the item has delivery confirmation but your fees don't go up.  If you have more than 10 and are above 1% (  they may extend your delivery time. The inr metrics aren't looked at until November 1 but any inr's opened since June 1, 2018 will be counted. 

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/policies/service-metrics.html

If you are rated Very High for a shipping category but you had fewer than 10 'Item not received' requests, or your 'Item not received' rate is under 1% in a specific shipping category during the evaluation period, you will not be subject to consequences.

Item not received: Time automatically added to buyer-facing delivery estimates for the shipping categories where you are currently evaluated as Very High .

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/news/seller-updates/2018-fall/service-metrics-and-shipping.html#...

Starting November 1, 2018, if you have very high rates of "item not received" requests, you may be subject to extended delivery estimates in affected categories.

Sellers will not be evaluated on a time period prior to June 1, 2018.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

This is illogical. I think you received bad advice from the Customer Service Rep. If this were happening to me right now, I'd ask happy pigeon or Tyler to legitimize it. 

Is it illogical but the info is correct...it will stay on your metrics even if the item shows as being delivered. This has been confirmed by different reps on the US boards.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

and even if you have insurance and tracking, and the buyer says the items were never received, or stolen from their mailbox /porch,  we will get a defect for that as well: if they open an item not received case..

sure you may win and close a case for item not received, with tracking  with ebay, and get your money back from paypal for a chargeback,  but you will still get a strike as far as ebay is concerned..  and when you get enough of them they can raise our final value fees 4%..

You do not get a defect when an inr is opened even if there is no delivery confirmation.  It counts against your service metrics but not as a defect.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I'd like to see it in writing from our own reps.

@happy_pigeon

tyler@ebay

Why would a complaint which has been disproven make any difference to a seller's account?

The group that came up with such a silly idea should be given a timeout during which they are told to read notalwaysright.com and learn that there are customers who cannot be satisfied by any act of the seller.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

this is my point, why would they add time to my shipping estimates for items not received, when tracking shows items were received..

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I'd like to see it in writing from our own reps.

@happy_pigeon

tyler@ebay

Why would a complaint which has been disproven make any difference to a seller's account?

The group that came up with such a silly idea should be given a timeout during which they are told to read notalwaysright.com and learn that there are customers who cannot be satisfied by any act of the seller.

The common sense learned through years of brick and mortar retail experience doesn't apply here unfortunately. This is what happens when you put people in charge who only have a history of losing other people's money. In their eyes anything you have done to cause confusion or concern on the part of the buyer, whether founded or not, is impacting their ability to retain said customer. The quality of the customer doesn't matter. Who made the mistake doesn't matter. You as the seller, are responsible for everything. Sort of like being a deity without any of the actual benefits. 

The only current mark on my service metrics rubbish now that the drunken devs have actually started cleaning that data up is a buyer who entered their address incorrectly, opened a not received request, had a replacement shipped on my dime, and then closed the request after receiving said replacement. Since ebay is literally copying everything they can from amazon, perhaps the execs can hire someone from the grocery side because frankly ebay is all stick. I don't know about you guys but I could use a frickin carrot.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

From what I remember one of the official responses is that we are being compared to other sellers so if you have the same number of inr's as other sellers in that category/peer group, your numbers won't be considered high. But I would also be interested to see what the reps here say.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

thanks for the clarification,  i was so worried, but how long until they open this can of worms..

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

What seems to be the standard is in a large number of INR situations is a customer clicking on the incorrect choice. This has happened to me several times over the past year.

Example 1: Customer canceled the order after they paid and postage was created but parcel hadn't been delivered to post office. They checked off Not as described. Turns out they changed their mind on a $10.00 item. Had to wait 3 weeks for a refund on postage.

Example 2: Customer received an empty box(Retaped). Weight of box 2.2 KG. Sorry. I don't make it a habit of paying postage for empty boxes. Again customer marked Not as Described. I made claim with the post office and was able to reship a replacement. My opinion: 100% Resolved.

Example 3: Description clearly marked MAY OR MAY NOT require an additional power supply. Power supply not included. Power supply available separately. Customers INR: Item arrived damaged. Clarified with the customer and turns out they didn't read the instructions and that they had the required power supply on hand. Worked no issues. Again resolved.

The list goes on but hopefully, you see a pattern. These INR's were all resolved but very difficult to get removed unless one is willing to spend the time on hold with eBay CS. And even more difficult to get a customer to click on Resolved after the fact, 100% to their satisfaction. Do we spend the time EVERY time we have an explainable situation or dealing with a difficult customer? I wonder!!!! Is the frustration and aggravation of trying to make our case worth our time. These situations seem to end up hanging over our heads until heck freezes over!!! Penalizing us with more fees is not the solution!!

-CM

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

These INR's were all resolved but very difficult to get removed unless one is willing to spend the time on hold with eBay CS

I think that you mean SNAD's, not INR's.

From what I've read, SNADs will not be removed either, even if it is an obvious buyer mistake.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Technically, I guess they are showing up under returns. They shouldn't be. No return was required. For the item that was packaged and labeled even got a request to create a return label. Hopefully, that was just a glitch. I think the way everything has been lumped together its muddied the view, big time.

-CM

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

What seems to be the standard is in a large number of INR situations is a customer clicking on the incorrect choice. This has happened to me several times over the past year.

Not only INR, but returns as well. Ebay buyers are increasingly finger jabbers on devices of varying degrees of sizes. Most of the "requests" I get end up being the carrier scanned as delivered then subsequently delivered the following business day, whoops didn't confirm with the family member and found the package, or whoops I opened a return for the wrong item/seller. So now we get penalized for buyers with anxiety disorders and fingers with faulty targeting systems.

None of this should be a surprise given what I have detailed about the changes to returns. Same Wenig ideology there, we know the buyers are wrong but hey if we can hit our sellers in the pocket for our own benefit we are going to do so. All of these changes are basically a war of attrition to push out sellers that Wenig mistakenly think give ebay the "public image" problem he seems to think the company has. All you have to do is call a few customer service reps about issues relating to these changes and you'll see one of the new scripts the reps are using...ebay is changing and tough luck if you don't like it, we don't value your business, period. 

Message 20 of 25
latest reply