managed payments

My managed payments wont deposit in my account, i checked over my bank info and everything is correct, I've had this same account with for five years with PayPal to receive my funds. Plus my sales have dropped drastically. any help on both will do.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: managed payments

@stridersabers wrote:

My managed payments wont deposit in my account, i checked over my bank info and everything is correct, I've had this same account for five years with PayPal to receive my funds.

... ensure that the name, address, and business information (if applicable) on your chequing account matches the name and information on your eBay account.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/fees-payments/managed-payments-on-ebay.html

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Plus my sales have dropped drastically.

This is a different issue than Managed Payments.

Your customer does not know that you are in MP, he sees only that you accept Paypal (yes, still), various cards, ApplePay and GoogePay (new additions).

How do your sales in September to November compare to your sales in 2019? In 2018?

There has been a distinct drop from the pandemic surge in sales most sellers saw from March to late June. But we have now entered the holiday period and most of us should see a pickup in sales for gifts.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I am happy with Paypal works perfectly for me.I am able to get the money for postage immediately.Not ok with giving my SIN to a private company.We only have to give it to a bank to open an account.If forced to have managed payments will close my Ebay account

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

EBay, like most American companies, seems to have copy pasted many of their US site terms over to the Canada site.

Small benefit- they haven't noticed that while we pay the same fee for store subscriptions as our American colleagues, our fee is about 25% lower because we pay in loonies not USD.

It is true that Canadians are not encouraged to give out our SIN willy-nilly.

But we are required to do so when taxes may come into the question.

Since MP is income, the SIN demand is fairly legitimate.

However, we have been told that we are not required to give it, since the same information will be passed to Revenue Canada  by our attached bank account.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply