I don't want to use Shippo.

alsym_91
Community Member

I have used Ebay,ca once to sell an item. I may never use it again. I was forced to create a Shippo account I will never use just to get the buyer address. I am capable of printing my own shipping label. Is there any way to get shipping address without going through Shippo? Thank you for any response.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You do not have to use Shippo to get an address or make up a label. I have been selling on eBay for many years & I have never used Shippo. I only use PayPal to print up my labels. When a person pays with PayPal, all their mailing address & information is there.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You do not have to use Shippo to get an address or make up a label. I have been selling on eBay for many years & I have never used Shippo. I only use PayPal to print up my labels. When a person pays with PayPal, all their mailing address & information is there.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I prefer to use Paypal for my shipping too.

I print out the PP payment notice for my records and click on the shipping label link to continue.

When you made your Shippo account you had to provide a Small Business Solutions number from Canada Post, right?

Paypal needs the same number. Don't get a new one. Keeping all your shipping on on SBS number in case your online business takes off and you can move into a category that gives better discounts.

I like PP because I can draw the shipping cost from my PP account, keeping most of my eBay costs in one place.

From time to time, I will use SnapShip, which is Canada Post, but I have to enter a credit card number for that which is a pain. Not a real problem, but I'm lazy and don't like having to find my purse and my cc numbers.

There is one advantage to Shippo that I hope you never need.

They can sell your USPS shipping labels.

This is helpful if you want to send an unhappy customer a Return Shipping Label, before refunding.

Interestingly, the only time I have had to use this, the customer did not use the label, I did not have to refund, and eventually Shippo creditted me with the unused label.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You should be able to access order details from "My ebay" but the selling section may be difficult to locate.

Try this link ... https://www.ebay.ca/mys/sold , if you have sold anything in recent months a list of those sales should appear there. Click or tap on "View order details". If the buyer paid for the item their address is provided there. 

If you're intending to sell regularily perhaps consider opting-in to Seller Hub here

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/ovw

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Shippo draws the money to pay for the labels from PP as well as an FYI 🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you are using sellers hub ‘view record’ will show you the address.  You can also click on the item itself to go to the listing and then click on order details.  The email that you receive from Paypal when the buyer pays also has the buyers address.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply