My First Shippo invoice - no surprise

Well, my Shippo charges finally came through my Paypal account (from my first experiment with Shippo), and no surprise, the accounting is lacking.   

Aside from not billing me when I actually bought the label, which is a real inconvenience, the one thing the invoice doesn't tell me is who the addressee was or the destination address.  Or, come to think of it, the eBay transaction number.  Or the item description.  Now I have to go back in my records and try to match up the transaction with its shipping charges.  The date might be the only clue.  Ugh, I hate busy-work. 

Otherwise, to be fair, the numerical accounting details are all there.  I just don't know by looking at them which buyer they belong with.  

This is not too much of an imposition for the one experiment I did with Shippo, but I'd hate to imagine the work involved in matching up charges from a consolidated Shippo invoice for a number of labels.  Well, off to the search. Woman Frustrated

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I suspect that you need a(nother) notebook.

Name of addressee, location, item and/or item number, shippo number, payment.

As you say, busywork.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Well, my Shippo charges finally came through my Paypal account (from my first experiment with Shippo), and no surprise, the accounting is lacking.   

Aside from not billing me when I actually bought the label, which is a real inconvenience, ...

Billing for eBay labels as-you-go appears to be now in place, as the label I bought yesterday (Small Packet to Europe), was also billed to PayPal yesterday.

As for the accounting, all I see is the Shippo invoice number on the PayPal transaction.

The Invoice details I see in the $ Billing section on goShippo are also sparse.

You have to look in the goShippo Shipments section to get more detail. There is a lightweight summary for each label.

And to the right of each item is a dropdown menu with three choices:

Download label -- gives you a PDF of the Canada Post label sheet;

Commercial Invoice -- gives you a shipment details PDF

and I'm not going to test Refund Label to see what it does Smiley Wink

Ship details.jpg

-..-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

That's good news about the same-day billing.  Very good.  As I said earlier, we need to strike while the iron's hot if there are problems.  If we don't identify and report them to eBay and/or Shippo during the initial few weeks, chances will probably be slim to nil to get them fixed later. 

Thanks for your post re the drop-down menu on the Shippo.  Being able to access address details will help.  Now maybe I won't need to buy a(nother) notebook. Woman Very Happy

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I stopped to use Shippo .I tried how it work then get back to Canada Post and fight for better rates and i got them .
Shippo want to charge me $81 for package to Puerto Rico with Canada post for the same i had paid $18.70.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:
I stopped to use Shippo .I tried how it work then get back to Canada Post and fight for better rates and i got them .
Shippo want to charge me $81 for package to Puerto Rico with Canada post for the same i had paid $18.70.

Did Shippo think you where shipping to the country of Puerto Rico (International rate)

or to the United States (PR as a state/territory of the USA) ?

-..-

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@rose-dee wrote:

Aside from not billing me when I actually bought the label, which is a real inconvenience, ...

Billing for eBay labels as-you-go appears to be now in place, as the label I bought yesterday (Small Packet to Europe), was also billed to PayPal yesterday.

As for the accounting, all I see is the Shippo invoice number on the PayPal transaction.

The Invoice details I see in the $ Billing section on goShippo are also sparse.

You have to look in the goShippo Shipments section to get more detail. There is a lightweight summary for each label.

And to the right of each item is a dropdown menu with three choices:

Download label -- gives you a PDF of the Canada Post label sheet;

Commercial Invoice -- gives you a shipment details PDF

and I'm not going to test Refund Label to see what it does Smiley Wink

Ship details.jpg

-..-

I had to try out the Refund label. Next day I received an email from Canada Post to say they had received my refund request, followed by another email saying they had approved my request for a refund. No idea if I will receive it from Canada Post or Shippo. Will let you know (probably next month!) - hopefully.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply