Shippo Problem At Post Office

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issue's delivering parcels to the Canada Post office after pre-paying for a label from Shippo? When delivering my pre-paid shipment, the post office associate seems to be unable to properly scan and process the shipments due to an error on there computer. The most recent error for me was "cannot process payment method"? This isn't a new issue either. When Shippo was first introduced we seem to have had the same issue's even though the label has clearly been paid for. Back then, the  fix for this issue was for them to select a supplier account for our shipments to be properly processed. But now that doesn't even work. If anyone has a solution to this. It would help greatly.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The solution is for the people working at your local postal counter to get a clue. Sorry, I know that's rude but the workflow for inducting Shippo labels is almost a year old, they should have received training from CPC  by now. It's under Supply Account, after selecting Commercial. The SA on your label and your Solutions for Small Business number might be used. 

It's not Shippo's fault, it's the fault of either Canada Post or the authorized dealer for failing to train their worker(s).

Call the 1-800-number for Canada Post to speak to a representative to get these employees the training they so clearly require. Even I could do induct my own labels at the counter by now. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The solution is for the people working at your local postal counter to get a clue. Sorry, I know that's rude but the workflow for inducting Shippo labels is almost a year old, they should have received training from CPC  by now. It's under Supply Account, after selecting Commercial. The SA on your label and your Solutions for Small Business number might be used. 

It's not Shippo's fault, it's the fault of either Canada Post or the authorized dealer for failing to train their worker(s).

Call the 1-800-number for Canada Post to speak to a representative to get these employees the training they so clearly require. Even I could do induct my own labels at the counter by now. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This is an ongoing problem at every post office in my area. My mother, who sometimes does my mailing for me when I have to go to work early, is pulling her hair out trying to explain to each post office employee how to operate their own computer. This problem is not limited to one or two locations-I've experienced it at every location I've been to. Are these Canada Post employees ever going to get the training they need on this?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Since the problem tends to be behind the counter, rather than further down the mailstream, is there any reason you are lining up at all?

What happens when you put your parcels into the mailbox outside the post office? Or the one down the street from your home? Or in the Community Mailbox ?

It's my understanding that the shipping will be recorded at the terminal,  a few hours after drop off. Is this a HUGE DESPERATE PROBLEM that will kill your business dead or a minor inconvenience?

It may also help to use a yellow or pink highlighter to mark the
SA down in the corner of the mailing label.

In the long run, Canada Post should be stepping up and training the outlet workers. In the short run, how can we prevent the problem?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I don't use Shippo but Yes, it is my understanding , that packages that are not scanned at the local drop off postal outlet, do indeed get scanned at the main postal depot. Whenever computers are down,etc at my local postal outlet, I am reassured by a very knowledgeable counter person (who has been at that location for many a year), that the package will get scanned at the main postal outlet. Have never had  problems with packages not being scanned at one point or the other.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Another possible suggestion for the OP is even if it does not get scanned at your local post office, once you have the tracking info go to the Canadapost page and sign their e -  mail  up for updates checking off all the options/exceptions. At least that way they will up to date with any hold ups along the way. Not all buyers check the tracking at their item on a regular basis.

-CM

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If the problem is this massive, you must call the Canada Post 1-800-number and report it. A regional manager overseeing authorized dealers is clearly not doing an adequate job. Lodge a complaint. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply