Item stock at the Erlanger shipping center, need help plz

Hi everyone!
I ordered a fur stole on eBay a couple weeks ago the item is in the US, im in Canada. The item was made in Canada. It was sent thru the Global Shipping program or something like that. Long story short...now it is stock at their center because "Furs are prohibited". The seller didn't, I didn't now. You really have search for it. The item was properly listed as "fur". Furs are not prohibited in the Us, neither in Canada. It is totally fine with Canadian customs, I ordered others without any problem. But it seems that is is prohibited at the center idk why. I was in contact with the seller since then, and we were not worried at all, we though they would send it back to her, and then she could ship it to me with the post office. And it says the shipping update could be delay, so we though is was on his way , right!? But no!!! She (and later I ) called, and it is restricted and they won't ship it back to her, that it was probably discarded. I cannot believe that they would seriously throw a nice vintage mink fur stole that could keep someone warm for the next 30-40 years in the GARBAGE!?! It must be still there somewhere it's just ridiculous.
Can please someone help me. It's at the Erlanger Kentucky shipping center, and we don't mind paying the shipping back....but we want it back!!
eBay made her use that program saying it's easier for the seller!!! They gave me my money back (although want I really want is my item).
BUT now it's like they are stealing from her, she did NOTHING wrong yet now she doesn't have my money, and she doesn't have her item to sell to eighter me ( I really want it) or to someone else...
She paid the shipping so eBay could steal it from her basically... Wth
Please I need help! Thank you in advance!
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item stock at the Erlanger shipping center, need help plz

Umm-- "stuck" not "stock" and 'sucks' not 'socks'.

Yes, I am the spelling police.

.. she is still paid?! Are you sure?

Yes. That is part of the GSP Seller Protection.

Once the purchase gets to the plant and is accepted there, the seller gets to keep the payment.

And i don't even know if she chose to enroll in the GSP , or it's just "that way" since she's a small seller .

A lot of new and occasional sellers were defaulted into the GSP  when it was introduced.

It is a reminder of how small the Canadian market (and how large the US market) is , that this may be her first GSP sale, even after three years or so.

Sellers can opt out, if they wish or when they notice, but most won't-- partly because it gives them so few extra sales and partly because it does protect them.

It does nothing for the buyer, obviously.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Ps: I'm sorry for my bad English (it's not my mother tongue...)
Also I really feel bad for the lady, she' just a small seller with only few little items. And this was the nicest thing she had. I had won the auction for cheap, I already felt bad because I knew it was worth more...But now she has nothing and it's really not fair! Any help in getting the item back would be sooo appreciated, thanks a lot!
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You bought and paid for a mink stole.

It was shipped to Erlanger/GSP plant.

GSP claims it is 'prohibited' and is holding it for disposal.

To ease two concerns.

The seller will not lose the money you paid.

The GSP is  Seller Protection program, and her responsibility ended at the plant gate.

You will be reimbursed by GSP for the money you paid, including the GSP fees.

You may have to open an Item Not Received Dispute for this.

In fact, I would open an Item Not Received dispute with eBay immediately.

State in the Dispute that the GSP was used for shipping.

Worst case, GSP refunds you in full.

Possibility, that someone at GSP actually looks at the problem and gets your fur moving.

The latter is unlikely, since I doubt the freight forwarding plant and the customer service offices are anywhere near each other.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I looked at Google Maps.

The phone number at the plant seems to be

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

When they won't ship something from the gsp center they have a selling partner that will sell the item on eBay for shipping within the US only.  The gsp center should have paid you back so neither you or the seller should be out any money. If the seller is out money than they will have to call eBay and talk to someone familiar with the gsp to get it straightened out.

If that fur was restricted from being shipped then eBay shouldn't have allowed it to be sold through the gsp  but unfortunately their system doesn't always work like that.  There really isn't a way for you or your seller to get it back unless it can be found for sale on eBay again and then purchased by someone with a US address, I'm sorry that the sale hasn't worked out for you.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

They gave me my money back already.

But we though they would send it back to her. If they gave me my money back... she is still paid?! Are you sure?

And exactly they should not accept the listing in the fur place. It WAS properly listed (or else I could understand).

And i don't even know if she chose to enroll in the GSP , or it's just "that way" since she's a small seller .
It socks really! And it's definitely NOT easier!!!! Ugh with the post office I would have it already.

I wish she could get it back though. Paying the shipping would be reasonable but they cannot just keep it like that booohh 😞

Thanks for the number I will try.

So she is not out of her money for sure?
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Umm-- "stuck" not "stock" and 'sucks' not 'socks'.

Yes, I am the spelling police.

.. she is still paid?! Are you sure?

Yes. That is part of the GSP Seller Protection.

Once the purchase gets to the plant and is accepted there, the seller gets to keep the payment.

A lot of new and occasional sellers were defaulted into the GSP  when it was introduced.

It is a reminder of how small the Canadian market (and how large the US market) is , that this may be her first GSP sale, even after three years or so.

Sellers can opt out, if they wish or when they notice, but most won't-- partly because it gives them so few extra sales and partly because it does protect them.

It does nothing for the buyer, obviously.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your reply! And sorry for "stock" you are right it's "stuck", now I feel silly...
the socks was intentional though lol, i totally knew. I was thinking it but i didn't want to write anything bad so ...haha
And at least she is not out of her money, I thought she was and I felt really bad about it.

Thanks again 🙂
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Don't feel silly. I was a copy editor for many years and I just can't help myself!
Don't get me started on "loose" and "lose" or "jibe " and "jive".
On the other hand, I'm flexible about "should of".
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Lol 🙂
Message 10 of 10
latest reply