Speedpak tracking in Canada

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask or if it's been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone in Canada had experience with ordering from China using Speedpak. The tracking is kinda... weird, in that, ever since my package landed in Canada, it doesn't show which province it's in. I tried tracking it every place I could, and it seems only Orange Connex has any mention of it (which is what eBay is pulling in the screenshot below). I was expect it to show up on the Canada Post website, but the tracking number yields no results there.

It's not a big deal, granted, and I'll likely get my package at some point soon... it's just a bit perplexing. I have a bad habit of checking my tracking constantly, but this doesn't help me at all haha. At least I know it's, uh... departing and arriving, I guess!

2019-09-17.png

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wdyhhau
Community Member
Speedpak tracking foes not show the Canada Post tracking no. In my case my package was lost by Canada Post unfortunately. I sent an email to CS@orangeconnex.com for information. Surprisingly they replied providing me with the CP tracking so I can file a case with CP. May be you can ask Orange Connex for the CP tracking no. once you noticed your package has arrived in Canada.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

wdyhhau
Community Member
Speedpak tracking foes not show the Canada Post tracking no. In my case my package was lost by Canada Post unfortunately. I sent an email to CS@orangeconnex.com for information. Surprisingly they replied providing me with the CP tracking so I can file a case with CP. May be you can ask Orange Connex for the CP tracking no. once you noticed your package has arrived in Canada.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion! I've emailed them, so here's hoping

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @louisisgo - my fingers are crossed that your item shows up quickly after its apparently topsy-turvy trip thus far!

However, if it doesn't, you do have recourse through eBay if it's at least one day past your latest estimated delivery date. We allow you to file a request with the seller notifying them of non-receipt for up to 30 days past that date. If the seller isn't able to make it right you can ask us to step in and help and we'll get things sorted out for you. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@wdyhhau 

For buyers tracking is irrelevant.

It may give you the warm fuzzies, but if the item does not arrive, or even if it is late, eBay and Paypal and the credit card you attached to your PP account all have your back.

EBay gave you a delivery window. If the last day has passed, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

All you want from the seller is a useable tracking number that shows the purchase is in Canada or your money.

Actually all you want is your money, don't get into a conversation.

If you get neither (or a scammy Offer to Replace) escalate to a Claim, ask eBay to step in and you will be refunded.

If the 30 day Dispute period has passed, you can go to Paypal.

Their Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

The system is the same, but since you already contacted the seller you can skip that step.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Insurance from Canada Post covers the seller, who bought the postage, not the buyer/recipient.

Being shunted to CP by the seller is, at best, ignorant of how insurance works, and possibly a scam.

You have 180 days from Payment to open the PP dispute.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@wdyhhau 

Also the shipper is unlikely to refund more than the shipping cost -- which from China is less than $5.00.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

For buyers tracking is irrelevant.

Considering so many buyers are concerned about tracking when it is not showing any results, I would say that it IS very relevant to some buyers regardless of whether or not they 'need' it.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

"For buyers tracking is irrelevant."

For a buyer when tracking does show up, it's a bonus. On any shipments I am expecting I monitor tracking closely.  They may be missing the middle, in transit scans but often they show either out for delivery, delivered or available for pick up.  Regarding parcels "safe dropped", rarely that would be considered an accurate description. In checking it was sitting on my front doorstep while I was home with not a sound from my doorbell in open view of anyone passing by. There have been other times when the parcel mysteriously arrived at my local depot and I did not see a card for several days with no signature was required and it would fit in my community mailbox. Also, of most important note, quite often the delivery information showing at eBay's purchase page is not in real time whereas at the actual Canadapost / USPS / Foreign Postal site information is much more accurate. They may have "assumed"  there were problems when that was not the case. In doing this checking and relaying information to buyers, they've been able to miraculously locate their parcel. Embarrassed thank yous are sooo much fun!!!

-Lotz

PS. As a buyer, when information is not displaying on a tracked item they can call the post service it never hurts to get the ball rolling on a physical trace. coffee doughnut notes Usually, just making that call causes a package to suddenly appear or there may be additional details that have not arrived online but an agent can access.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

It seems from posts here, not the most accurate data, that seeing slow or hub and spoke or unmoving tracking causes more angst than necessary.

I realize that tracking does give the buyer the warm fuzzies, but if their purchase is not received or really just late, they are protected by eBay's Money Back Guarantee, Paypal's Buyer Protection, and the chargeback service of the credit card backing the PP account.

That is why it is irrelevant.

It can be useful, if the buyer is deciding whether or not to open a Dispute. But tracking is most useful to the seller, and even then only if there is a Dispute about delivery.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Hey, just wanted to give an update here: Orange Connex did indeed get back to me with the Canada Post tracking number, which actually tells me what province it's in AND the expected delivery date! Thanks again for the suggestion, it really helps assuage my (admittedly unreasonable but strong nonetheless) desire to know where my package is at any given moment 😛

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I agree that the tracking thing often causes  buyers to be worried  even though there may be no need to be so. Simply telling  them about the mbg should hopefully allay their fears. 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I just sent out a request to them for just that. I'm in Canada and have been watching my package sit at YUL (PET Airport) since the 9th of Dec. It's going to be the 16th in a few hours.

If Oc gets the "Canadian" tracking numbers, why not list them on their site as they become available? It would stop a whole bunch of confused and upset buyers from freaking out.

Aside from that, I've witnessed my package go from origin to a depot and back to the origin again. Shipping and handling huh? Well they really got that down by shipping it all over and handling the hell out of it on it's excursion across the lands and through the skies.

But now it sits like an orphaned ugly duckling waiting for attention. lol

The item in question is a small transformer for an LCD TV backlight inverter. It's coming in a

small brown bubble pack. Scanning/X-rays  at the airport would not raise any flags to detain

it either. I just want to be able to track it, that's all I want. I'm aware of the "if it's not arrived by a certain date" stuff. Don't waste your efforts explaining it to me again.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

The think about tracking is that it doesn't show where the package is.

It shows where it has been.

It might still be there, but more likely it is on its way to the next stop-- whatever that may be.

Another reason not to watch "tracking" is that often it is actually "Confirmation of Delivery" which means that the barcode is scanned when the shipper receives it and again just before it is delivered, and if it is scanned in between that might be recorded but it's not a guarantee or a priority.

Before buying consider the last estimated date for delivery. If it is acceptable, buy. Record the last estimated date for delivery. Ignore the shipment's path until that date.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

manon47
Community Member
Same thing is happening , parcel shows delivered but no parcel at my home .
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Same thing for me ... i did not receive the package but it is said it is receive in Canada.
i live in Montreal.

Here :

• 15 Apr 201914:37

DELIVEREDCanada

SPEEDPAK
    This is the final status. Carrier doesn't provide further tracking updates.
  • 15 Apr 201907:56

ITEM PROCESSEDCanada

SPEEDPAK
  • 15 Apr 201904:30

ITEM PROCESSEDCanada

SPEEDPAK
  • 15 Apr 201903:31

ITEM ARRIVEDCanada

SPEEDPAK
  • 14 Apr 201920:33

ITEM DEPARTEDCanada

SPEEDPAK
  • 14 Apr 201917:47

ITEM PROCESSEDCanada

SPEEDPAK
  • 12 Apr 201921:56

Import customs clearance completedCanada

SPEEDPAK
  • 11 Apr 201922:56

Flight landed in destination countryCanada

SPEEDPAK
  • 11 Apr 201917:09

Flight departed from origin countryHong Kong

SPEEDPAK
  • 10 Apr 201920:02

Export customs declaration completedHong Kong

SPEEDPAK
  • 10 Apr 201912:46

Regional distribution center departedDongguan, China

SPEEDPAK
  • 10 Apr 201901:22

Regional distribution center arrivedDongguan, China

SPEEDPAK
  • 09 Apr 201923:27

Consolidation facility departedShenzhen, China

SPEEDPAK
  • 09 Apr 201923:17

Consolidation facility arrivedShenzhen, China

SPEEDPAK
  • 09 Apr 201920:53

Package received (Customer Service email: CS************** .com)Shenzhen, China

SPEEDPAK
  • 09 Apr 201910:21

Shipment data receivedShenzhen, China
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

The package was accepted in China April 9 2019

The package reached Canada April 11 2019

The package was delivered (somewhere in Canada) April 15  2019.

You only had 30 days from delivery to start a dispute through eBay.

You only had 180 days from payment to start a dispute through Paypal.

Both those windows have closed.

Months ago.

In future, mark the last estimated date for delivery on your calendar and open a dispute when they pass.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

My items show delivered but there is no address and they never came
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I had an item sit after it arrived in CDA for 2 months. I was almost ready to go thru the resolution ebay and it arrived. Slow slow delivery service. It probbaly will never show up being tracked by CDA post Go this site to track you will see this site just below the one you used after a google search of speedpack I went to the site you did originally Cheers

SpeedPAK tracking - TrackingMorewww.trackingmore.com › speedpak-trackin

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 19 of 19
latest reply