Refund

Hello!

My customer has paid me through Paypal and wants her parcel this coming week. I am from Regina and she is in Pennsylvania. There is no way in the current circumstances the parcel would arrive in time.  How do I go about issuing a refund? I have never done this before.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Refund

They paid you through ebay correct?  If you go to your sold items and click on the arrow next to that item, one of the item should be to cancel the purchase.  Use buyer requested cancellation as the reason and they should automatically be refunded as long as you have enough in your PP account to cover the refund. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Refund

They paid you through ebay correct?  If you go to your sold items and click on the arrow next to that item, one of the item should be to cancel the purchase.  Use buyer requested cancellation as the reason and they should automatically be refunded as long as you have enough in your PP account to cover the refund. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Refund

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca/

Cancel the transaction as the seller.

Be sure to message the Buyer first before you do that, to tell her you will be unable to meet her delivery time requirement.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Refund

Refund the Buyer using "problem with address" also inform her that special rush shipping requests should be arranged before making a purchase.

You will get back your fees

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Refund

Just to be clear.

You haven't shipped yet, right?

If you have, DO NOT REFUND until you have your product back in your hands.

And yes she may scream about this, but she is the one who , at best, is totally ignorant of how shipping works and has not noticed there is a little disruption from a worldwide pandemic.

She can return the parcel simply by refusing it, like the Elvis song says.

This has some advantages for you, but DO NOT REFUND UNTIL YOU HAVE IT BACK.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Refund

I do not think the OPer shipped the item yet, but a good point none the less.

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Just to be clear.

You haven't shipped yet, right?

If you have, DO NOT REFUND until you have your product back in your hands.

And yes she may scream about this, but she is the one who , at best, is totally ignorant of how shipping works and has not noticed there is a little disruption from a worldwide pandemic.

She can return the parcel simply by refusing it, like the Elvis song says.

This has some advantages for you, but DO NOT REFUND UNTIL YOU HAVE IT BACK.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply