Bank reversal issued by Paypal even though customer received item!

WOW I am completely miffed at Paypal right now. A bank reversal was charged to my paypal account 2 days after an item was purchased by a customer. Of course the item was sent right away (the same day payment was received) to a confirmed address. Customer leaves positive feedback about 10 days later. She is very happy with the item! So in the mean time I have to prove to paypal that the parcel was sent - I upload all the documentation and I have sent 2 notes in the resolution center stating that the customer has received the item.

Well Paypal reverses the payment, refunds the customer stating that I didn't meet the Seller Protection Plan!!

Are you kidding me!!!

Where can I take this up?

Gosh sorry for the rant.

Cindy
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Bank reversal issued by Paypal even though customer received item!

Forget PayPal for now.

Contact the customer - preferably by phone - to determine exactly what has happened. If she is happy with the product, suggest she makes payment by cheque or money order to replace the payment declined by her bank.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for the advice Pierre, I did contact the buyer by email as soon as I received the notification from PayPal. I am currently waiting for a response. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Cindy
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Hi Pierre, I sent 2 emails both with no reply. I offered to call her to sort things out or if she preferred to email only that was ok as well. This is the first time this has ever happened to me in my 10yrs with eBay.

Any suggestions? BTW the total amount of the item was for $26.

Thanks a bunch.

Cindy
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

It is possible that - for whatever reason - the emails are not getting to her.

Pick up the phone and call her.

To get the phone number, since you have the name and address you can check 411 online or through eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Thank you...waiting for eBay email with info. Will call later today.

Cindy
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Well I called no answer, no voicemail and no returned emails...it's not looking good. I sent an invoice through paypal hoping that she will pay.

Any other suggestions? Can you outline the next steps. I did read on another forum that I'm pretty much SOL. I tried to file an unpaid item even that wouldn't work.

Cindy
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Unfortunately, there are no next steps.

If the buyer refuses to repay and refuses to communicate with you, you are out $26.

It happens from time to time.  I look at it as the "cost of doing business".  It is never pleasant but we do not live in a perfect world.

The only alternative is to use the court system - for $26 most definitely not worth it.

Hopefully, a resolution will come in the next little while - either a messsage from the buyer, a return of the item, or... or... or...

Good Luck.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

call paypal AND ebay. Explain that the customer got item(they can see the feedback) in some cases you get a good customer services rep that will do the correct thing.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I had a bank reversal recently.  PP launched an investigation and then asked me to prove shipping, which I could not as I don't ship with tracking.  I had no choice but to close the case in the buyer's favour as PP could not determine why the payment had been reversed.

I contacted the customer who, finally, replied that he didn't know why it was reversed and that he tried again to pay with PayPal but he wasn't able to complete it.  I asked him to check with his bank.  He did communicate with me but there were long periods in between with no communication.  He was a newbie and asked me to help him.  I gave him an alternative method to pay which he seemed to ignore.

Someone had made the suggestion that I just keep invoicing him periodically which I did, never expecting to see my money again.  I remembered having read something about sending this type of buyer a message with some mumbo jumbo about an investigation.  With nothing more to lose, I finally sent one more invoice telling the buyer that if the invoice wasn't paid by a certain date that I had no choice but to submit an insurance claim to Canada Post.  I told him they would then have the option to launch an investigation and asked him to cooperate with them if they should contact him.  He paid later that day after he successfully purchased and paid for another product on eBay and received immediate feedback.

What I told him was just BS but he didn't know that and I finally got paid.  However, he was a brand new buyer and this might not work for seasoned buyers.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

BTW I intend to mark his transaction paid but am first waiting to make sure that the second payment is not reversed.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Thank you stevephinn2012 for your reply...unfortunately calling Paypal or eBay is a waste of time. I have called in the past and spent countless hours on the phone trying to resolve problems with no success. I really don't think it's worth the time and money spent on a transaction of $26.

Cindy
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Thank you Pierre for your knowledge...I figured that was the case. I was just hoping...

Kind regards,

Cindy
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@ westernstargifts

Wow that pretty much describes my situation to a tee. I shipped my item with small packet ground which doesn't provide tracking so Paypal closed the case in the buyer's favour as well. I will continue to send invoices then I will eventually send an invoice with a "mumbo jumbo about an investigation" maybe it will work for me too.

Cheers,

Cindy
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

hkgoccx
Community Member

I also have a similar experience.

I sold an item to a Russian buyer and the buyer open a dispute 8 days after the auction ended. Item was shipped out by regular mail 5 days after he paid. Usually shipping to Russia takes up to 30 days.

Now PP hold my fund of $470, and my item had been shipped. I am kind of worry if the item was shipped without tracking number but just a receipt from Canada Post, how can I prove if the item is received or lost upon arrival of the buyer's hand ? Will Paypal judge this a close the file and reverse my money to the buyer while my item has been shipped and might actually be received by someone.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Items with a value of $250 or more need to be shipped with on-line shipping confirmation and signature in order to prove receipt.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply