Can I change a "cancel transaction" to unpaid item dispute?

Question: Is there a way I can turn a "cancel transaction" into an Upaid Item Dispute or is this guy going to get off scott free because I foolishly wanted to close it all out smoothly?

Background:

A few weeks ago I sold an item that two people bid up to over $200, the bidding activity all happened within the first 3-4 days and then for the last 3 days it just sat there. Once the bidding was over and the person won, I sent him an invoice through ebay. I got no response. The next day I messaged him on facebook (he'd contacted me through my fb artist page and I'd referred him to ebay where the item he wanted was selling) and told him that he'd won and I'd sent him the invoice. Another day later he finally responded and said he'd changed his mind, it was too much money. He'd had plenty of time to withdraw the bid but it was clear he just didn't care about the bind he'd put me in, giving him the benefit of the doubt I asked him if he would agree to cancel the transaction. He ignored it for another day even though I warned him I'd open a dispute, so I warned him again and he responded "Yep, I hit the agree button!" 

I hadn't sent the request to cancel at this point, but I sent it then. He still hasn't accepted it days later so the case is still open and at this point I'd much rather open a dispute with him so he gets a strike since he's been horrible to deal with (and because of his turtle slow responses I couldn't contact the second bidder in time to give her a second chance offer) so now I'm not making the sale at all. Is there a way I can turn a "cancel transaction" into an Upaid Item Dispute or is this guy going to get off scott free because I foolishly wanted to close it all out smoothly?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I also had an issue with a buyer in buy it now.  He bough...

I also had an issue with a buyer in buy it now.  He bought the item.  We invoiced.  He said he was away and would pay us on the Sunday.  Sunday came and went, and so did the next week.  He did not pay.  We could not relist.  There were other watchers on our item that probably went off and bought something else.  Ebay eventually cancelled the item and gave us a credit for our fees a few days after we launced an unpaid item claim.  He now has a perfect rating on ebay - he is a newbie with only 8 buys and great feedback on all of them.  I cannot leave feedback indicating that he did not pay, and I would up selling the dress for less than what he paid.  How can I leave feedback to warn other sellers that this guy does not pay?

Message 2 of 2
latest reply