Can I post an "on vacation" notice?

totallytextiles
Community Member
I have recently opened an eBay store and I was wondering if there is any way to tell bidders when I am on vacation and when I will be returning? Of course, during these periods, I won't have any items listed for sale. I hate to just "disappear". Thanks.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Geneally I list an auction under test auction . Then in the header stated on vacation and the date . Within the body of the email , give your cell . I did this just so old packages , if lost the customer Knew how to get ahold of me . Also in the body auction state when you will relist again .

Make sure to place a note within the auction not to bid and place it at .1cent

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
sorry " body of the auction " I mean
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

totallytextiles
Community Member
Thank you. I've never done a "test auction". Where do I find this option?
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I called you twice lol ....8442 hehe you know the rest

Todd
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
I think Todd is jinxed with phone numbers...but he IS persistent!!

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
...oh...and incredibly good-looking!!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
There is a way to do it but it should be pre-planned for all your auctions as well as your "Me" and store home page.

I have created a whited "anouncement.gif" file that I have loaded to my server. On a daily basis it is just a whited file that you cannot see unless you were to right click on it.

When I want to insert a vacation notice into all of my auction I just created a new file with the message I want and named it "anouncement.gif". Once it is loaded to the server it overwrites the existing file and will appear in the place of the original whited file. When holidays are done just reverse the process.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so have a look at two auctions I am running. First, check out #3154093052. Specifically, the "Lest We Forget" graphic is loaded on my server as "anouncement.gif" Now check out item #2357942477. If you look in the same location on the page you will see that there is a large white spot there. It is actually a graphic file but it has a different name and so it is not affected by the change to "anouncement.gif" on the server.

Its really much easier than I make it sound. Point being, with a little pre-planning and some consistency being used in the templates for your auctions, you can easily post vacation notices, seasons greetings, advertise a sale in your store, etc.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Bill

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
there is also a service that will bulk 'add' to your running auctions. one of the popular ones, but it slips my oh-so-blonde-(too many glasses of wine)-mind at the moment.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
catseye*

Hay your a cuty as well !!!!
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member