Economy International Shipping 8-16 days again

Either I'm not reading the dates correctly or the Economy International Shipping is showing 8 to 16 days again. Raphael said this was fixed and corrected to 11-23 days but when I check my items have changed back again. Can someone else check please. Not my items though, I have had to remove Australia temporarily from my items since I have already got a defect for late shipping from an Aussie buyer. Can't do anything about it either, it went Lettermail. Plus, can you image trying to explain that situation to a CS?

@rose-dee how about your items? I know you had the same problem with the dates a few weeks ago too.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

@pjcdn2005 wrote:
In the shipping from outside the US it was a matter of fixing a glitch.  They decided long ago that service would show a specific number of days. The international economy times are not something that was entered in by mistake..they are apparently the times decided on long ago so so it isn't as simple as fixing a glitch. American sellers also use those generic international choices so unless they figured our another way to do things, they would be changed for US sellers too so of course it's a US centered explanation. 

Yes, I do understand all that, although I can't imagine why most U.S. sellers would be using the "shipping from outside the U.S." option for international deliveries. That's the specific service I've been referring to that has the delivery time issues, not the "Economy" option for shipping that is available to U.S. sellers shipping from within the U.S.   

It doesn't change the fact that the option currently provided on .com for "shipping outside the U.S." to international destinations does not reflect the reality of most shipping time frames for sellers outside the United States.  

I would think the whole point of eBay including that specific service option was to provide a shipping alternative for non-U.S. sellers to use who are listing on .com.  I'm sure a seller in, say, Europe, listing on .com, can't get a parcel to Australia or Hong Kong any faster than I can.  Will they see different delivery estimates when choosing the "Economy outside U.S." option?  I don't think so.  If the option was intended for non-U.S. sellers, then the delivery estimates should reasonably reflect the longest average expected delivery time from worldwide destinations to places other than the U.S.  There is no reason in my mind that eBay can't change the delivery estimate on that shipping option, since it actually shouldn't affect most U.S. sellers.  

So to me it seems that the "U.S." explanation is a bit of a red herring in this case.  For example, Raphael said: "There may be some wiggle to adjust the estimated dates if the system can differentiate between US and non-US items for that particular service".   Why a U.S. seller would be using a shipping option for "shipping from outside the U.S." escapes me, although I suppose it's possible some U.S. sellers might choose it by mistake, or U.S. sellers who are temporarily living outside the U.S. and shipping from overseas to overseas might want to use it. 

They fixed the glitch on one of the "Economy shipping outside the U.S." options (for deliveries specifically to the U.S.), why not review and properly set up all the others, especially Australia?  Otherwise it will be a problem not just for Canadian sellers, but for any of eBay's international sellers using that option on .com.  

This, in turn, may limit the destinations a lot of non-U.S. eBay sellers are willing to ship to because those delivery time frames are directly linked to eBay's on-time policy defects.  I know I'll be rethinking offering shipping to Australia until some changes are made.  Is that what eBay wants -- fewer sales?  This is yet another example of eBay shooting itself in the foot.  They can't have it both ways, displaying eagerly short delivery times to international buyers, while punishing non-U.S. .com sellers for shipping to those destinations.  I have to wonder what the heck eBay is thinking, or if they thought about this at all. 

Incidentally, for anyone coming to this thread, it may not be entirely hopeless.  I should point out that Raphael has promised to pass this request along for the appropriate team at eBay to review, and he's put it on his master task list, as noted in the quote from his response I posted earlier.  

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

Yes, I do understand all that, although I can't imagine why most U.S. sellers would be using the "shipping from outside the U.S." option for international deliveries. That's the specific service I've been referring to that has the delivery time issues, not the "Economy" option for shipping that is available to U.S. sellers shipping from within the U.S.

Sorry but I don't think that you understand. As far as I know, the specific service you say that you are referring to doesn't exist.  The only option that states it is for shipping from outside the US is for shipping to the US, not internationally.   If a US seller wants to use a generic shipping economy option for international sales, they would use the same economy intl shipping service that you use.  

If there is a genetic option for shipping internationally specifically for sellers not n the US, please post a screenshot of it.  I'm sure that the economy option that you are currently using is the same one that I am using and there is nothing there that specfies it is only for non US sellers.

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

Went to change my overseas .com listings from Standard International to Economy International and the time frames are basically the same. There is no significant difference in the two at all.  

Just received three Late Shipment Rate strikes in one week. Two of them were combined together in the same package because they paid for each one separately. So I get two strikes for one transaction. But I can`t prove anything because it / they were shipped without tracking. 

That would be tragic if one lost their laughable discount rate.

Nothing more unfare than being judged and punished for delivery times that are beyond a sellers control. Sorry we live in a county with over inflated postage rates. Canada Post tracked packet postage rates are an insult. We should be getting tracking for Small Packet rates to the US and Overseas. This is something we should be fighting for, or bring back insurance up to $100.

Message 43 of 43
latest reply