I am registered as a Canadian on E-bay but my item is coming from the United States.

I am registered as a Canadian on E-bay but the item I am selling is coming from a printing company in the United States. Using the Advanced Selling Tool, I was able to get the options to change the Item Location but I have a few issues:

1. When I press "continue" after filing out the item description, it does not want to accept the United States address.

2. The shipping options still default to Canadian Shipping options as opposed to United States options (possibly because of issue #1).

3. The shipping cost for my item is based on destination but is determined by the printing company in the United States where the item is being shipped from (which may be greater than the actual cost of the shipping method used since they may have their own handling mark-up). Ideally I would like to use the shipping cost used by the printing company (since this is what it will cost me). However, I don't see any option for this. There is only an option for Flat Rate or rate based on Postal Service (or other method of shipping). Is there some option to determine the shipping costs, by the seller (not the shipping company), based on the buyer's location? Or does this need to be compensated for by the use of the Handling fee?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I am registered as a Canadian on E-bay but my item is coming from the United States.

#3-- You need to talk to your supplier/shipper to confirm exactly how they will be shipping.

For example, they may be using a letter rate service, which has a single rate for all US destinations, another for Canada and Mexico and yet another for overseas.

Or they may be using a Parcel Rate with different prices for different zipcodes in the US , but a single rate for Canada/Mexico and several for overseas destinations.

Hmm- are you listing on eBay dot COM? That would be best so that you can use Calculated Shipping based on US shippers including USPS.

eBaydotCA only deals with Canadian shippers.

At the moment, you can list on dotCA in either US or CDN currency, but that changes as of June. There is no problem listing on any eBay site from anywhere in the world.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I was listing on Ebay.Ca...I think I should be able to get around most of these issues by listing on Ebay.Com

However, it still seems odd that Ebay.Ca has an option to change were the item is shipping from and this selection has a Country selection but when you choose United States and then enter a united states address it does not like it and does not give you shipping options for that country.

If Ebay.Ca only supports items being shipped from Canada then they should disable the choice to choose a different country for the item.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If Ebay.Ca only supports items being shipped from Canada then they should disable the choice to choose a different country for the item.

Flat rate shipping can be used by people who are in another country just like many Canadians use when listing on .com.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply