Paypal is telling me to add a credit card or debit card to my account. I have my debit linked and have been using it for over a year.

xiphoidfugu
Community Member

I cannot get past this point to pay for my purchase.  All my info is correct in paypal and ebay, and I've checked them both.  I noticed that I get the same thing happening on mobile devices when I try to pay for things, but I've always been able to just log on to my computer later and complete the payment for purchased items.  I kind of stuck here and have a purchase waiting to be paid for.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Paypal is telling me to add a credit card or debit card to my account. I have my debit linked and have been using it for over a year.

Hi .. Not sure anyone here can help. May be a glitch. Can call PP toll free @ 1-888-221-1161.

You say a debit linked.....can have a bank account or credit card linked. A bank debit can be linked in the same way as a credit card, provided it has Visa/ Mastercard card logo. Is that what you are saying.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. I used to be permitted to use the Instant Transfer option. Now, I'm getting the same message as you about adding a debit or credit card. I'm scared now to buy items where Instant Payment is not required because I believe there will be no option for me to pay. Something is going on...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply