Reports From Ebay Live - Not Too Lively!!

tea_past_times
Community Member
Good Morning, the following was posted in another online forum by someone who is attending the Ebay Live event underway in Chicago:

I am here at the Hyatt with most of the eBay Staff tonight. The contrast in the last three years of this event are really staggering. The attendance in Las Vegas (2006) 15,000 (this will always be a little higher because it is LV)

The attendance in Boston (2007) 7500
The attendance here in Chicago.... 4000

One woman in the Powersellers Lounge said to me.... Wow, I never realised they had so many employees. I said, its because there's a lot fewer attendees!

The ones who are here are VOCAL! I thought a fight was going to break out in the seminar about how to raise your DSR's this morning by having free shipping! It was hilarious.

NO one is participating in the CHATTER BOX! No one has a positive story to tell.

The rumblings are incredible.... and the atmosphere is sharply different. Also interestingly enough there are not near as many vendors and frankly many excellent vendors did not even show up!

I can barely wait for the Town Hall Meeting

Also.... the eBay vendors typically have these great displays, there is a noticeable LACK of them. So in the back of the hall is a bunch of these CHATCHKEY fufillment/drop shippers who want you to sell stuff from China, beanie babies, and just general junk you would find in a dollar store. The stands are loaded with JUNK! It is so out of place it is like.... what the hell is this. This would have never gotten through in the past. If they dont want ebay to look like a flea market, man I can't believe these stands got in. (maybe they only want NEW stuff... not any OLD stuff.)

Also the vendors that are here, have scaled down their displays in a very big way. Just a backdrop, a computer, some brochures and a smile. Sagefire had a cool program showing who had the highest sales last year and everyone stepped up to see how high and .... not this time.

Last Year they gave away Mugs, and all kinds of cool stuff... etc in the Power Sellers Lounge. Zip. Beverage service intermittenly, and that is it. There was a PowerSellers Store last year. ZIP. No Power Seller Merchandise at all.

Lastly, Last year if you wanted to talk to someone in a booth, often you would have to wait to speak to someone. Not now. walk up they are sitting there with NOTHING to do. Very rare if you have to wait.

I wont report tomorrow because I am skipping out and going to see Chicago with a friend. I mean HEY GUYS! I have my priorities, but I will be there all day on Sat.

Wendy.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

tea_past_times
Community Member
Sounds soooooo good doesn't it? If nothing else, the lack of vendors and attendees, combined with the earful I'm sure they are getting, might wake a few up at Ebay.

I considered going just to raise H**L but in the end could not be bothered.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

mobilekingking
Community Member
I considered going to Ebay Live, but thinking of all this stuff happening Im like why Waste the money when ebay doesnt really care about the sellers no more and care about the buyers, im honestly scared to sell on ebay because of someone leaving me a neagtive feedback, i would rather just sell on my website.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Ebay is too greedy. If there is a competitor, they'll lose business very quickly. Japan and China are two good examples. Ebay invest millions and millions in the two countries and have to quit.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
hehehe

You reap what you sow.....

Monique

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Not a surprise, can't wait for part II of your report.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

It predictable since this is the only post in the powerseller section about ebay "live".

i take a look at my dsr rating to see if i earn any discount from today's announcement, and with and average score of 4.89 i earned absolutely nothing 😞

I work very, very hard to get those feedback from customer; so even with free shipping on some items and comments like "ultra fast" shipping, apparently i am still not living up to the expectation of ebay to get any reward 😞
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
eBay treats us to be like children begging for praise from our parents.

GROW UP SELLERS !!!

Stop chasing eBay's approval. You get and "A", and it's not good enough- you NEED an "A+". You get the highest of praise- and it is never enough!

GROW UP SELLERS !!!

Please step back and take a good hard look at the fact that eBay is turning us into a bunch of children.

We didn't get here (POWER SELLER STATUS) not knowing what we're doing.
WE ARE NOT CHILDREN !!!
WE ARE PROFESSIONALS- WHO MEET OUR CUSTOMER'S NEEDS, HANDS ON.
eBay should not be treating us like children- but changing eBay's IS NOT going to happen! GET OVER IT !!!

So, why don't we just keep doing it, and not care what eBay thinks of us with their DSR non-sense !!!

And to think......the writing was on the wall years ago when they started giving us little coloured STARS as rewards. How childish. And, how oh so eBay! Nothing has changed!
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

g-manthebossman
Community Member
and do you see how excited some people get about those little colored stars lol! just proves that there are sheep in every group.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Another great post. Thank you.

I hope e-bay will get really screwed for thier channel strategy mistakes. It hard to belive that company of this size not capable of hiring talent to manage sales force properly.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Thanks so much for these updates tea. I really appreciate you letting us know what was going on. The utube updates were very interesting to say the least. I never would have thought to look there.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I hope e-bay will get really screwed for thier channel strategy mistakes.

You are a seller on eBay and your hope is that eBay gets "screwed"?

I guess if you had a day job you would be hoping your employer went out of business.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
to recped:

E-bay is my hobby, I just like to get my hands on computer and networking stuff. I don't rely on them for living as my business in different area.

You can rave over e-bay as much you want, but I have build and managed reseller/distributor networks for quite a few years for several well known hightech companies and from my experince in this field they mismanage theier reseller channel for many years. It just paiful to watch.

"Great spirits have always experienced violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
Message 13 of 13
latest reply