Sales have been down for the last few days, how are you doing?

I just checked my overview and I compared it with the previous month.  Sales have been up and down for the last few months, nothing for the last 3 days.   How are you doing?

sales graph.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@musicyouneed wrote:

I just checked my overview and I compared it with the previous month.  Sales have been up and down for the last few months, nothing for the last 3 days.   How are you doing?

Very quiet the week before Christmas. Sunday had one sale (not too surprisingly, a George Michael photo). followed by a spike in sales on December 26 (Canada, Australia, UK, Sweden).

Been a very bouncy fall season for sales... but, still waaay better than this summer...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Comparing buying between months... on a day-to-day basis.... is a difficult option.

eBay runs on a 30 days cycle..... Month can be 30, 31 days.... or 28 days  and sometimes 29 days

November 1 started on a Tuesday.... December 1 started on a Thursday... January 1  will be a Sunday.

People buy on a weekly cycle..... a 7 day cycle    which differs each month.

Pay day....  Some get paid on the 15,   some on the 30  and some on both the 15 and 30   twice a month.

and then ... special days....

November .... the beginning started  immediately with a carryover from Back Friday.... Remembrance Day, while December had a lead up to Christmas  followed by Boxing Day... Boxing week as it is today... with a lead up to New Year's Day.

Comparing one month to the next month     should be an overall comparison... not day by day

eBay's 30 days.

4 weekly cycles which differ in relation to the 30 day cycle...  and then pay day which also differs in relation to the 30 day cycle.

And the like the last few days.....  our blizzard in Winnipeg  that started December 25... and ended  about noon Boxing day....  Travel was difficult on Boxing day......  fortunately we now have boxing week sales.for many stores...

The city was very... very quiet during the evening of December 25..... No city noise.

There should be a very broad comparison...month to month,  and then year to year..... quarter to quarter.over each year

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Like ypdc my sales have been very choppy, although thankfully big chops!

My sales this year look to be finishing about 15% higher than 2015. Several factors have caused that.

December has been extremely choppy, the chart is somewhat crazy, but the month will be likely 20% higher than December last year.

I've had a few "big" lots go (virtually all to regular repeat buyers) so that has helped.

I also stopped all my "generate sales" efforts from about mid December, my sales and promoted items all stopped, I stopped listing new items etc to slow down sales over the holidays to try to allow more family time...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

December was busier than I expected and I am now into the Boxing Day Boom across most but not all of my accounts. In my experience, this should hold up until February. YMMV.

Most interesting is watching my discount Canadian postage sales. These go to eBay sellers for the most part so repeat orders mean other sellers are busy.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply