Why am i being charged an insertion fee when i have 50 free listings.

every month I get free 50 listings but this time for some reason I get charged for insertion fees, I haven't even listed any under that offer and it says that the offer of 50 free listings is active.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why am i being charged an insertion fee when i have 50 free listings.

@xmaitems wrote:

every month I get free 50 listings but this time for some reason I get charged for insertion fees, I haven't even listed any under that offer and it says that the offer of 50 free listings is active.

they only give free listings in certain catagories, bit of a scam on there part but ,thats the way they do buissness 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@xmaitems wrote:

they only give free listings in certain catagories, bit of a scam on there part but ,thats the way they do buissness 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Are you seeing the charge on page two of the Advanced  listing form just before you upload it?

Or are you seeing it on your monthly invoice before it gets paid?

Or are you seeing the charges at the end of the month when your fees come off your credit card/Paypal balance?

As aubreyclay says, some categories are not free listing (although your DVDs should be).

Are you being charged for every listing?

Some sellers have mentioned/complained that their account shows the fees, but that they are zeroed out at the end of the month and there is actually no listing charge.

It is possible that as a new/occasional seller you are working under various restrictions that will not apply when you get more experience and prove yourself.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

it fixed it self today because if the first day of the month.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@xmaitems wrote:

- excluded: Real Estate, some Motors subcategories, some Business & Industrial categories.

- If you list the item in 2 categories, you're charged the regular insertion fee for the second category.

- If you make a 1 or 3 day listing you are charged the extra fee of $1.

- Basic insertion is free, but if you use an optional feature (such as bold) you are charged for the feature.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html#optional

-..-

A non-store seller gets 50 free listings on eBay.CA and 50 free listings on eBay.COM per calendar month.

-..-

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/insertion-fee.html#insertion

Message 5 of 5
latest reply