seller selling my Paintings, stold my pics!!

potters_daughters
Community Member
This is the seller, cs_special4u( 0 ), he has listed my painting and 9 others so far. his item number (Item number: 320038281389).. heres mine in my store (Item number: 190036766328) seller didnt even take my signature off. he has taken pic from yessey, my website and straight from my auctions.some are already sold. i have emailed ebay but havent gotten an answer back yet. what should i do? i have had an unsusual low bidding this week and am worried this is affecting it as his/ my paintings are starting at $.99. there are other paintings on there too. so check to see if there yours.. any help would be much loved..,Rebecca.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

3jcc14
Community Member
This one is dicey. I'd say, let Ebay run their course with your report. That seller indicates he lives in Malaysia but items are in Shanghai and he's selling in UK Pounds. Wierd eh? From what I've heard from other sellers, ebay is pretty good at clamping down on these offences. Good luck.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Try reporting this by phone through Stores support. Waiting for an email response can take days, especially on a weekend.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

coastwindchimes
Community Member
Wow~ scary. Good for you to have spotted it. When you say you reported to eBay, I trust you mean eBay Trust and Safety? I would also report this right away to Yessy, so they can maybe block this character from site access.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

It appears your account may have been hi-jacked. Go to live-help and they will give you a link to Trust & Safety. Be sure to change your password.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

snoopwiz, HUH?!?
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

potters_daughters
Community Member
well ebay replied.they said there is not enuff evidence to support my claim. that the photos look to be stock not mine.he has listed three more of mine today. i dont quite know what to do but look at his item 320037797183 and my original 190040198548. this is total theft from my auctions. and i think it's obvious.. what do you think.
my account was not highjacked, this i am sure of. but thanks for bringing it up. most images are taken from my website. and saved to PicRobbers pc. lol.i find it mildly comical but serious too. thanks for all your responces.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Are these originals? Are you the artist? If so, you can use VERO to end the stolen listings.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

"the photos look to be stock not mine"

wait wait wait... is this original artwork you're selling and, if so, are the images you put in the listing yours, as in taken by you yourself or someone you know?

If so, respond back to eBay immediately and don't give up. I had to fight a clueless eBay employee a couple of years ago regarding a similar incident and I actually demanded and received a phone call from a supervisor in Utah regarding this.

You're selling artwork for over $500, I would say this is worth fighting for. Especially since I suspect the copycat is a fraud artist who has no intention of shipping out product to buyers.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

potters_daughters
Community Member
Yes it is MY original Art. i am the artist and yes i took the photos myself. i sent the picrobber an email about copyright infringment laws and asked my paintings to be removed in 24hrs. he acted like he had no idea they were mine "very sorry,friend gave them to him" yah right. anyways he took them off with a few persistant email but i doubt they wont resurface. so i will keep checking.ebay was totally no help. kept repling with the same email about the images being stock and not enuff proof. thanks for all your guys help. very informative..,Rebecca
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
😮 What a bunch of holes!!! Keep phoning them and give them hell! That's just asinine!!

They try to be quick so they don't always read everything you type. Emphasize these are custom items painted by you!! They are not paint by number kits. They are YOUR custom artwork. Designed, created and painted by you!

May I suggest that you write text using your photo editor overtop of the image. Then they can't really take the photos without doing extra work to do it. Depending on the item, it's easier for them to move on to the next victim than taking the time to remove the text.

I have Scanned for use on eBay by Jakeeangel on my photos. Maybe try something like that. It's worth a shot.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Join the VERO program...next time if it happens follow the VERO procedures.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html

Fill out this form and fax it to eBay

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/NOCI1.pdf
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Don't count on it being any easier using VeRO. When I went through my *ahem* incident with them, it was through the VeRO program. The incredibly inept eBay rep couldn't figure out basic copyright. I had to insist on getting a supervisor to call me before the issue was straightened out.

eBay has a VeRO program to deal with Intellectual Property issues yet staffs the program with IDIOTS who don't even have the most rudimentary knowledge about IP.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Don't count on it being any easier using VeRO

Quite possible for the reasons you mention.

I have been the "victim" of erroneous VeRO claims in the past, had listings pulled where the complainant actually had no rights whatsoever to the item in question yet them were able to get the result they wanted with minimal effort.

- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

potters_daughters
Community Member
if your listing is pulled via Vero claim, does ebay refund the listing fees? i was wondering that! my listing cost over $50. and that loss would be huge for me. also do they "check" into the listing and contact you first or do they just pull it. 🙂
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
They never contact you when they pull a listing.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

if your listing is pulled via Vero claim, does ebay refund the listing fees? i was wondering that! my listing cost over $50. and that loss would be huge for me.

But you would be the one establishing the ownership rights under VERO - the other seller would have his listings pulled, not you. The responsibility would still be on you, however, to report unauthorized sales of your work.
Message 17 of 17
latest reply