chit chats??

Anyone buy anything and find out by the tracking that some **bleep**py outfit called chit chats express is the carrier instead of Canada Post? Ebay indicates there are 2 tracking numbers for this item, this one and another from Canada Post which indicatews the item has not been picked up yet. This chit chats express do not seem to know how to get an item from point a to point b and there is certainly nothing remotely related to "express" with this shipment. The auction stated 2 to 6 business days. Auction paid january 8 shipped january 9 should mean delivery by january 18. Still nothing and now  the so called tracking indicates:

"

• Jan 19, 2022
  • 6:14am
  • Arrived at Chit Chats facility
  • BURLINGTON, ON"

We are in Winnipeg.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

chit chats??

The company is ChitChats -- Express is not part of their name.

Seller drops off (or sends) package to ChitChats, then ChitChats sends it onwards (using Canada Post for final part of Canadian deliveries).  They offer discounted shipping rates which smaller sellers can't get directly from Canada Post.  The trade off is slower delivery speed.

January 9 was a Sunday.

January 17 major disruption of all delivery sevices in Ontario due to a heavy snowfall.

Your Seller should have been shipping directly to you with Canada Post if speed was required. Although the current Omicron variant of Covid-19 is also causing delays with Canada Post.  Ontario is at Step 2 of restrictions until January 31.

-;-

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

January  18 was Wednesday.

An seven business day delivery has become an 11 day delivery.

If eBay gave you the 19th as the last estimated date for delivery, you can open an Item Not Received dispute.

As a rule, if you have a deadline never order by mail, buy locally or buy very early.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

byto253
Community Member

I use chitchats for some items because I can offer lower, more competitive, shipping rates.  They have access to high volume corporate rates from Canada Post and USPS that an  individual does not have.    Depending on your location it may take a day or 2 longer.    For shipments to the US they bring parcels across the border to USPS and shippers buy USPS postage.   But the company is legit and has been in business for quite a while. 

For tracking, you should only be provided with the Canada Post tracking number, I don't see the point of the Chitchats number being uploaded.  

In your case, the lag time between the shipping and arrival at the Burlington hub does not make sense.   Depending on location, Chitchats hands items off to Canada Post within 1 to 3 business days.  For example I am in Ottawa and Chitchats sends them to a Burlington 3 times a week, bigger volume centers send it every day.    I looked back at 6 Canadian shipments from the last few months and 5 took two business days to be picked up by Canada Post from Chitchats, and 1 took 3 business days.  

My guess is that the seller got the postage ready but did not drop it off to chitchats for a few days.  You can try checking the Chitchats portal with the chitchats number they provided to you, link below. 

https://support.chitchats.com/support/solutions/articles/47000426687-how-do-i-track-my-shipments-

For Ontario, there are only a couple of Toronto area locations and the hub that are open on Sunday as well. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

Still no progress.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

byto253
Community Member

Were you able to check what it says in the Chitchats link for that number?  

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

Yes  checked on that site. Hard to navigate that site, poorly made.

It says: Jan 19, 2022

6:14 AM Arrived at Chit Chats facilityBURLINGTON, ON
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

I've had 2 canadian sellers use chit chats , the first was last year (a full 12 months ago)  and they didn't "tell" me , I think it took a week to ship the package within Ontario , the second was this year and it was offered as a cheaper BUT slower shipping method ,  $13.57 compared to canpost's $19.98 for expedited parcel , so I took it to save $$$ as the shipping costs in general were more than the items were "worth".  I got the package and here was my tracking: 

Tracking history

Jan 27, 202212:32 PMDeliveredOtt, ON
 9:53 AMItem out for deliveryOtt, ON
 8:01 AMItem processedOtt , ON
Jan 25, 202211:35 PMIn transitTracking ######## 
 9:58 PMItem in transitMONTREAL, QC
 6:58 PMItem processedMONTREAL, QC
Jan 19, 20229:46 PMElectronic information submitted by shipper 
 1:45 PMDeparted from Chit Chats facilityRICHMOND, BC
Jan 17, 20227:04 PMArrived at Chit Chats facilityRICHMOND, BC
 12:31 PMArrived at Chit Chats facilityRICHMOND, BC
 12:31 PMReceived by Chit Chats 
Jan 16, 20222:09 PMShipment created, Chit Chats awaiting item

I personally had no delivery problems either time and would use it again as a shipping method for cross canada cost savings ( if required ) if a seller offered it to me. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

It looks like a scan was missed along the way.  I did have a shipment that went into a quiet time like that, and it only showed up on the Canada Post site when it was in the final destination and delivered the next day.

But nothing for 2 weeks is a long time, even if it went by truck.   I would not be surprised if the tracking showed just before delivery.     Everything I have sent out departs Burlington with a day, as that is their Ontario depot and hand it off directly to Canada Post.   This sounds like it is on a Canada Post slow boat now.

About all you can do now is see if arrives by the last delivery date shown for the item.   

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

I got the other (canada post) tracking number signed up to get app notifications and email updates. Still nothing.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

byto253
Community Member

It is an odd one. It may be it went on the Canada Post truck and will not be scanned in until it gets to Manitoba, I have seen that on a rare occasion.   Even then, if it was handed off to Canada Post on the 19th or 20th, that is 2.5 weeks, which is long.   May come down to an INR claim. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

Curious who the seller is? I am getting a similar run around about a package.

I am thinking he is just scamming and stalling...hoping I forget about this purchase.

Yours actually has a legit Canada Post tracking number though so probably all good for you.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

@ccconnection3 wrote:

Curious who the seller is? I am getting a similar run around about a package.

I am thinking he is just scamming and stalling...hoping I forget about this purchase.

Yours actually has a legit Canada Post tracking number though so probably all good for you.

We're not allowed to name and shame users on this board.  Perhaps @maximus7001 will provide this information in a message and let you know if the item ever arrived.  

If the last estimated date of delivery has passed, go through eBay's Money Back Guarantee process (if the item is eligible for coverage) and file a claim for a not-delivered item.

As this thread is over a year old, it will likely be closed to further replies shortly.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

chit chats??

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 14 of 14
latest reply