January 23, 2024 Monthly Chat

Hello everyone! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

• An update on getting the tax breakout on shipping labels would be great since it's the start of tax season.  I don't think anyone really wants to calculate it all by hand, nor should we have to.
  • The country of origin on shipping labels is still a problem. I would think this would be both high priority and a pretty simple fix, but it's been months now.
  • Clarification on how we handle damage claims for items sent through eBay labels (on the Canadian site) would be great.  Also whether we can claim the shipping back for shipments that are delivered late (after the guaranteed delivery date for qualifying items).  These questions have never really been addressed.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hello Devon,

Have you had any luck with the multitude of longstanding issues regarding eBay Labels? The major items of concern were the following:

1. Receipts that include a breakdown of charges showing applicable tax/s, fuel and discount.
  2. A procedure for sellers needing to make claims for late, lost or damaged. Because eBay owns the account they are considered the shipper on record so makes sucessfully filing a claim next to impossible and be settled. Sellers should not refund and then have no way to recover lost funds.
  3. A timeline for eBay labels to be billed. In the past it appeared they were billed according to when they get scanned at the sort depot but have been personally billed for items still in my possession, scanned at depot, scanned on delivery and post delivery. 2 to 8 days "appears" to be the standard but other sellers have reported different.
  4. The charges when they do make it to the financial summary would be beneficial if they included the tracking & order number. 
  5. eBay and CP/USPS etc tracking not 100 % synced. This issue is routinely reported on dot com. The vast majority of buyers check ebay vs the local postal service.
  6. Are sellers able create return labels using expedited lite. From several reports this option does not display when a seller attempts a return. (Seller would need to confirm with buyer the package meets guidelines...Is 200 grams or less.)
  7. New one: Is there a way to amend the packslip to correct the dollar totals when a refund has been sent. Important when VAT has been charged incorrectly. All documents need to match for customs purposes. Handwriting this info in would be worst case scenario and not recommended or using a rubber stamp that says ooops!!
  8. Can you look into how international customs knows that VAT was already collected so they don't charge the buyer a second time? Any notes that can be added to the customs form DO NOT display when the label prints. It would be nice if there was some kind of preview display a seller could see of the label to confirm info is accurate before printing. (Just would need to omit tracking number.)
  9. eBay labels need to include a valid email address of customer along with the ph/cell so Intl customs can get a hold of the buyer in cases where there are questions. This has been a universal requirement for ages for anyone shipping by couriers. This requirement is posted on the postal services website. Without that info there is risk of items being returned due to no fault of the seller. 
  10. And most important: eBay labels is updating the HS code to show Canada/Province vs the true country of origin of the goods. Seller is signing this document to confirm it is accurate. This has been the case from day 1.

Thanks. Sorry for the project but these issues needed answers ages ago. It appears from the original post 8 months +- ago the majority have never been addressed.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It appears settings/options in seller settings have been tinkered with. There is no setting to adjust best offer. It now has to be done from the listing and from my testing no guarantees the setting will stick. Communication with buyers is disabled. Brings up the dreaded "We looked everywhere" message.

Is there a way within ebay to search listings to add Expedited lite when it is applicable. Unfortunately from testing you are unable to search by shipping method or weight. And system will not give you an error message when creating listings. It only blocks from view if a service is invalid when buyer checks.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Sadly more on the eBay label front!!

I recently had to void a label. System defaulted to wrong service so for the difference it was worth the void. In checking the tracking both label numbers show as being delivered in eBay tracking. When I check in CP the valid one shows as delivered. The voided one gives you this message.

According to the ebay message when you create a void you see the following:

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1706075651232.png

If you check the help page it states 15 days. Unsure if that is business or regular days including weekend. In checking other posts on the subject there have been observations it takes much longer or some direct follow up to get the funds credited. 

Could you look into this please?

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Other sellers that had issues getting a refund attached:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-Not-Refunding-Void-Shipping-Label/m-p/502497

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

HI-Over the Christmas period I had several orders that eBay sold for prices that were not the same as my sold for prices. I lost money on every transaction and spent hours on the phone and made several tickets but never got an answer as to why this happened.

I am wondering what the issue was, if I will receive compensation for my lost funds, and will this keep happening?

I searched my settings and my pages and could never see any history or signs of offers sent. I have used offers in the past but they alway had a paper trail and a notice of acceptance.

With these other items, there was nothing at all that would account for the difference in price. I intially thought that there were issues with the currency conversions or problems with combined orders? There has been no explanation given at all as to what transpired in these orders.

Item numbers as follows

234761774872, 234761774888,234825912199,234761774914,234761774862,234761774903,235251568801, 234755838389,234755838380,234902508372,234927942157,

Order number16-10949-25904 

Thankyou 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I also have problems with some of my European customers being charged double VAT plus a collecton fee on the bill as well. I am getting the backlash.

I do add the IOSS info electronically into the postage labels but it does not seem to be accepted by some countries. 

It does not seem to make a differnce if I use Shippo or CP and am just beginning a trial of eBay labels but so far they all seem the same.

The IOSS number is not visible on the printed label as they are embedded into the bar code so I have nothing to prove that it was added other than my word. 

Can you please look into some form of validation (proof on paper) for adding the IOSS and make it visible on the label just as the HS code is?.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies and @flipistics!  Thank you for sharing all the questions and concerns you have the surround shipping. I do have members from the Shipping team actively looking into everything and it may take some time before I have insight I can share with you all. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@tuckhouse2021 wrote:

HI-Over the Christmas period I had several orders that eBay sold for prices that were not the same as my sold for prices. I lost money on every transaction and spent hours on the phone and made several tickets but never got an answer as to why this happened.

I am wondering what the issue was, if I will receive compensation for my lost funds, and will this keep happening?

I searched my settings and my pages and could never see any history or signs of offers sent. I have used offers in the past but they alway had a paper trail and a notice of acceptance.

With these other items, there was nothing at all that would account for the difference in price. I intially thought that there were issues with the currency conversions or problems with combined orders? There has been no explanation given at all as to what transpired in these orders.

Item numbers as follows

234761774872, 234761774888,234825912199,234761774914,234761774862,234761774903,235251568801, 234755838389,234755838380,234902508372,234927942157,

Order number16-10949-25904 

Thankyou 

Hi @tuckhouse2021! Since this involves account specific information do you mind reaching out to me via email at askcommunity@ebay.com? I will review this and get this over to someone on our customer support team and try to provide you with more insight.  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi eveyone and thank you for joining this month's chat! I am still working on geting questions answered. Please join again next month! 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply