Appears even the error messages have "glitches"..

What a way to start the morning, clicked on the link to generate a combined invoice, got this error message in big red letters:

There is some technical error, please try after sometime.

Just went back and tried again and all was well....apparently "sometime" doesn't have to be very long Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

That message seems very, very odd (and by that I mean not normal English).  Is that verbatim?  It certainly doesn't sound like a typical eBay error message, nor like a message written by anyone who is a native English speaker.  Usually messages like this read something along the lines of: "A technical error has occurred, please try again later".  The words "some" and "sometime" in the sentence you quoted are completely non-idiomatic English usage, something that instantly betrays a foreign speaker.  That message would never pass muster at eBay. 

If you have a security suite on your computer, you might want to check and see if any attempted intrusions were picked up recently.  Aside from the interruption in your workflow this seems extremely fishy to me.  If you have the time, you could even consider reporting it to eBay, although I'm not sure what the appropriate section or department would be.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yep that is just cut and pasted, it even had a big ! in front of it....

I've had weird messages come up before, this situation was unusual because someone purchased some items over a week ago and she purchased another one today (this is a very good customer that's been with me for years, sometimes pays in a couple days, sometimes in a couple weeks, no matter to me!!!)  So the combined invoice had items spanning more than a week. That's caused problems in the past, not oddball poorly written ones like this tho....

I do have McAfee running all the time and it has grabbed some potential problems when I've been browsing other sites so I have somewhat confidence that all is ok that way.

I haven't run a full scan for a while so I'll run one while I'm eating lunch....

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

That message seems very, very odd (and by that I mean not normal English).  Is that verbatim?  It certainly doesn't sound like a typical eBay error message, nor like a message written by anyone who is a native English speaker. 

It is very apparent from recent changes they are outsourcing much of their IT projects, which is why everything has been a total cluseryouknowhat. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they are just posting jobs on sites like freelancer as most of the implementations of late have been that sort of amateur hour work.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply