Canada Post lost packages

Hi There,

Are any other sellers currently experincing a higher than normal rate of INR's? Today I recieved another, and 2 yesterday, and one the day before. Most appear from the March timeframe.  A mix of Canadian and USA destinations. I am seriously considering changing all my listings to Tracked Packet for USA.

I am interested to know if others are experiencing the same?

P.S. I am aware of the issues at CP in Mississauga both current and in the past.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Canada Post lost packages

Update. The lost package that I thought was a fake claim got returned to me.  So I still have 2 lost packages.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Sorry to ressurect this older post, but my question is related.

I seem to go through this weird trend where for months everything is fine, and all packages delivered quickly and without incident, and then I get a wave of INRs and damaged packages that I've shipped Canada Post.

In the past few months I've had 4 INRs (this is a record for me) and 2 packages arrive damaged. The scary part of that is half of them are local. That's at least 5% of my Canadian sales. (Compare this to my 0% claim rate for my US packages I send via ChitChats).

It really makes me wonder if these issues are related to staff or processing changes at my local Canada Post depots or DCs, and not at all random or coincidental.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed these trends?

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:

Sorry to ressurect this older post, but my question is related.

I seem to go through this weird trend where for months everything is fine, and all packages delivered quickly and without incident, and then I get a wave of INRs and damaged packages that I've shipped Canada Post.

In the past few months I've had 4 INRs (this is a record for me) and 2 packages arrive damaged. The scary part of that is half of them are local. That's at least 5% of my Canadian sales. (Compare this to my 0% claim rate for my US packages I send via ChitChats).

It really makes me wonder if these issues are related to staff or processing changes at my local Canada Post depots or DCs, and not at all random or coincidental.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed these trends?

It would be interesting to know whether these damage shipments are either caused by increased online volumes or changes in how parcels are handled...staffing, equipment, new routing etc possibly to how parcels are packaged.

Whenever you see  what appears to be an uptick in something strange happening, it never hurts to touch base directly to confirm if it's on their radar or needs to be. In some situations its possible to ask them to monitor like for sudden mysterious losses of inbound personal mail.

-Lotz

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

I actually have a contact at my local depot, and I'm friendly with my counter person, so I've mentioned to both without much info in return. It's totally possible it's coincidental. It's probably because early in the summer, I'd mentioned here on this forum I hadn't had a claim in months! Murphy's Law! Lol
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:
I actually have a contact at my local depot, and I'm friendly with my counter person, so I've mentioned to both without much info in return. It's totally possible it's coincidental. It's probably because early in the summer, I'd mentioned here on this forum I hadn't had a claim in months! Murphy's Law! Lol

There have been numerous reports of companies having a hard time getting and keeping good staff during Covid.  In speaking to a recent Intelcom driver trying to find out if this would be a regular delivery time he told me it was his first day and had no idea. CP may be going through that also.  Between any issues with CP/USPS and others love of Prime these problems sadly may only get worse for eBay sellers. 

-Lotz

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Canada Post may not-- since becoming a counter clerk is the ambition of every carrier. Indoors, better pay, less strenuous, what's not to like?

Postal Outlets use ordinary store staff, and with all the problems in holding retail staff these days and the uptick in demand for retail workers, It's possible that the outlet clerks are not getting the training or the oversight they normally would.

That being said, my local Post Office just had three of their four counter staff retire and I have to work at becoming the favourite customer  all over again.

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@ont123 wrote:

Update. The lost package that I thought was a fake claim got returned to me.  So I still have 2 lost packages.

As a strange but true sidenote, I recently made a typo entering in a UR tracking to the States. Updating updates the ship date to the date you re-enter. <Ebay Glitch> . My UR packages regularly get scanned at LAX 4 days after dropping off. Next normal scan would be forwarding followed by delivery. The scanning displays using the eBay tracking link only. For this one for some reason....No updates. As per buyer item was delivered about a week ago. eBay has updated transaction details to denote shipping was ontime so no defect "should" apply.

-Lotz

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Community Member

I had  problem with missasauga yesterday ,received my parcel with contents that were not mine,Iam concerned about the blouse that i ordered Is the postage strip put on  in canada by upsMy seller is confused

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@2011.780 wrote:

I had  problem with missasauga yesterday ,received my parcel with contents that were not mine,Iam concerned about the blouse that i ordered...

How to start a new topic:  Click the Start a conversation button

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/11002

Since your problem is a buying issue select "Buying Central" to get help with your issue.

Sounds like your Seller shipped the wrong item to you.

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca/

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Start by asking the seller for a Return Shipping Label.

If she is in the USA she may have to use Shippo or pirateship.com to buy a Canada Post label.

When the TRACKED package arrive back, she can refund you.

If she refuses, open a Not As Described dispute from your Purchases List.

She will be told to send your return shipping and to refund.

If she refuses, eBay will step in. You will get your refund and she will get a Defect on her selling account.

This may help her.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

You are also covered by Paypal and by your credit card.

Was the GSP involved?

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 31 of 31
latest reply