Ebay hasn't adjusted to the clocks going forward

Stuff set for 9pm listing time was getting posted at 10pm. Seems ebay hasn't adjusted to the clocks going forward an hour.

Does this normally get fixed or am I going to have to adjust all my listings by an hour to get the correct posting time going forwards?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

marnotom!
Community Member

If you set something to be posted at 9 PM daylight time but eBay didn't move its clocks forward an hour, wouldn't it end up getting posted at 8 PM daylight time?

The official eBay times for .com and .ca look correct to me:

https://ofr.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EbayTime

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Oh I just figured it out.

When the clocks jumped forward an hour, the 5 day auction listings (120 hours long) didn't account for the hour gained, so in order to stay up for a full 120 hours, it ended at 10pm instead of 9pm (posted at 9pm five days ago).

I just re-checked my most recently listed auctions and it seems they started at 9pm as expected, but I think my ending auctions for the next couple days will be ending an hour later than expected due to the time change, same as the ones that ended today.

This stuff is freakin confusing. Sorry to bother you all.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Just a note:  It looks like the USA is about to pass legislation which puts a stop adjusting the clocks twice a year.  Hope Canada follows suit.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It would make more sense to have Standard Time as the permanent option, especially for us up here in the Great White North.  We're going to be looking at kids going to school in the dark in the winter, for starters.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I have auctions ending this weekend that will close 1 hour later than I set them up to. Bit of an odd twist from the time change.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

It is odd. The one that ended last night was an hour later but the 5 tonight are now ending at the correct time.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Isn't that how it should work?  The one that ended yesterday was posted before the time change so it is ending an hour later so that you don't lose an hour.  The ones ending today were posted after the time changed so they should end the same time as when they started.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I would think that if the one before the time change was scheduled to end at 9pm, then it should end at 9pm after the time change, not 10 pm. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Well maybe I'm confused (wouldn't be the first time lol)  but if you listed it at 9 p.m. MST, it should end at MST 9 p.m. which now is 10 pm MDT.     It sounds like they just didn't change the ending time showing on the listing which is odd, but that they ended it later to compensate for the hour lost.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

LOL.  I was referring to EST.   I aim for 9 to 9:30 pm EST, so it is 6 to 6:30 PST.   No biggie either way, just interesting.  5 of 6 items sold, so I am good tonight!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply