Package sent to USA now stuck in US Customs since March 6th

Hello,

I sent a package using Tracked Packet to the USA mailed on March 4th, USPS tracking shows it arrived in NY USPS facility on March 5th at 9:43 pm and then into customs but has been there ever since.  I am tracking the package on USPS site but has not moved at all.  The last delivery date on Ebay is March 15 to final destination which is in the state of New York.  The package is only $8 CAD, celebrity clippings from magazines and newspapers.  I am wondering if it is stuck in customs because I did not enter an HS Code on the label, my mistake and will enter it in the future.     I will have to refund the buyer if it doesn't move and get delivered on time but I will wait for them to contact me first.  Anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Package sent to USA now stuck in US Customs since March 6th

I have an update the buyer finally received the package March 28.  The tracking only shows delivery nothing else after March 5th. 

Latest Update

Your item was delivered at the front door or porch at 2:16 pm on March 28, 2024 in WOODSIDE, NY 11377.

Delivered

Delivered, Front Door/Porch

WOODSIDE, NY 11377 

March 28, 2024, 2:16 pm

Inbound Into Customs

Processed Through USPS Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

March 5, 2024, 9:43 pm

Processed Through Facility

MONTREAL, CANADA

March 5, 2024, 2:59 am

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Acceptance

CANADA

March 4, 2024, 8:05 pm

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

i've had weird stuff like this happen too.  

The worst was during the pandemic when a $170US item sat at ICS Chicago for over 6 weeks without a tracking update.   The buyer finally ran out of patience and demanded a refund, which i gave after he opened a case.

Literally the next day, the package started moving and was delivered 2 days later (the buyer lived in Chicago).  

I never heard from the buyer again and he never reimbursed me.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I've been selling by mail order since the late 70s.

In my experience, it takes about 21 to 30 days for delivery from anywhere in the USA to anywhere in Canada and vice versa.

This has not changed in 40 years.

We are confused because some online merchants have multiple warehouses across the continent and can ship faster from their plant two hours from your house than an eBay seller can ship from Texas to Nunavut.

I was returning from Victoria airport last week and counted 10 AZ trucks between me and the next stoplight. (There is an AZ plant in Sydney by the Sea)

Message 23 of 23
latest reply