Question about photo size

Most of my photos are between 1mb - 2mb and i was wondering if most sellers compress their images.
I worry that they might take longer to load for buyers especially on phones.
Do you think compressing images is something i should do? or not worry about it?
Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hlmacdon
Community Member

@kittenvintage wrote:

Most of my photos are between 1mb - 2mb and i was wondering if most sellers compress their images.

Ebay automatically optimizes any files you upload so it is a non-issue. Whenever something is recompressed, the higher resolution/less compressed your source file is, the better the end compressed image will be. The only consideration is your local storage.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Adding photos to a listing

Link to 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/pictures.html

and in this link.....

You can add photos of up to 7 MB in size.

Try to use a photo that is at least 1600 pixels on the longest side. However, we recommend you don't enlarge smaller images to make them 1600 pixels. The photos you use must be at least 500 pixels on the longest side.

eBay used to adjust the size of a photo.... Not too sure if eBay still does this

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

hlmacdon
Community Member

@kittenvintage wrote:

Ebay automatically optimizes any files you upload so it is a non-issue. Whenever something is recompressed, the higher resolution/less compressed your source file is, the better the end compressed image will be. The only consideration is your local storage.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply