Re Canadian delays ; I call BS

from ebay: Significant delays to Canada Post deliveries to the United States

The delays are more likely items sitting in USPS main postal hubs, in the USA...  Chicago among others..  MAKING this a UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE issue 

Example shipped item 22 dec arrived in Chicago on the 26th dec. Item STILL SITTING in Chicago with still no movement in over 4 weeks .

EBay  stop putting this on Canada being the issue. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

@nuvistors wrote:

Looks like the union over reacted and  completely shut down incoming US  packages.

Not sure what you mean by "over-reacted" in this context but for the record, the shutdown of incoming packages was initiated by Canada Border Services, not Canada Post, not CBSA's union, and not CUPW.  Unions don't have the authority to initiate a shutdown like this.  This was a CBSA management decision.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

You keep switching from buyer to seller and from the US taxes and Canadian taxes.

... What is ICE that you keep referring to- the thugs who put babies in cages? What does that have to do with taxes?

google64 is probably referring to ICE -- Immigration and Customs Enforcement for the USA

While they do deal with duties, they have nothing to do with sales tax.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

They have nothing to do with Canadians buying from the USA either. We pay our import costs to CBSA.

And the importer not the exporter pays US duty, so that is not the concern of the Canadian seller.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

"Sent an order out small packet US air Dec 16, 2020. eBay expected delivery Jan 2, 2021. As per specifics it was showing 6 to 22 business days. Math does not sound entirely hunky dory. Crickets for scans."

Did you send tracked packet or Small Packet?

If you send Small Packet there would be no scans as it is not tracked.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@transtraders wrote:
"Sent an order out small packet US air Dec 16, 2020. eBay expected delivery Jan 2, 2021. As per specifics it was showing 6 to 22 business days. Math does not sound entirely hunky dory. Crickets for scans."

Did you send tracked packet or Small Packet?

If you send Small Packet there would be no scans as it is not tracked.

It was sent US Small Packet Air. Something that was figured out awhile back was that this service can and does get scanned from time to time with details showing up only on eBay. Not on the Canadapost Tracking website. Because of the Xmas volume nightmare it has become hit or miss. Again. I have shipments in January that show LAX scans, being processed scans, Forwarding to next destination scans and delivered scans. Others in Dec with originated scans only. It's not perfect but when it does work it helps tsr's by confirming tracking with eBay. Tracking may or may not also display with USPS for this service but there is no consistency.

-Lotz

Message 25 of 25
latest reply