Selling catagories listed as wwii german original, then my items removed as violation of policies.

Hello. There is a category in collectables wwii German, original items, pins, medals, ribbons. this would not mean they allow wwii medals from Germany which have the swasi? I had one removed, but this category completely contradicts this policy. and go

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Selling catagories listed as wwii german original, then my items removed as violation of policie

These type of items "may" fall under the offensive material policy.

Check out the guidelines section....

https://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/offensive.html

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Selling catagories listed as wwii german original, then my items removed as violation of policie

The applicable passage is this:

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 9.44.47 PM.png

If you see other listings in this category that appear to violate the policy, it may be that they just haven't been caught and reported... yet. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Also this: http://pages.ebay.de/help/policies/nazi.html

It's from ebay Germany, you'll need to google translate it or ask a German-speaking freund if you don't speak deutsche yourself. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Those items are not allowed, they will be removed, it's only a question of how long before they're gone. You won't be able to fool the system, eBay is serious about this issue. I would not recommend listing them again either or there could be problems. Also, it may be illegal to sell those items in Germany and you're shipping to Germany!
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

odd. you can buy and sell from Germany. but they are super strict with good reason.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

My personal feeling is that these restrictions are a little heavy handed but those are the rules. My listings of German military service medals were removed with a warning too, sometimes they'll be gone in an hour , other times they'll last a day or two.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Just want to emphasize:

Also, it may be illegal to sell those items in Germany and you're shipping to Germany!

Don't ship these items to Germany.

Problem (possibly) solved.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

France and Italy are also on the banned Swaz  list as well as Germany

I would get the GAB  off as well as the Narvik Shield before some body reports them or E-Bay finds them. After E-Bay took off the other Badge they will be checking your items again.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yes, anything with the clutching eagle and swxxxi no matter how small are always removed.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

ya, thing is I don't get they said they pulled the one item after it was bought and paid for? this also confused me

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Hmm... never had one last through to sale. Has ebay cancelled the sale or did they allow it?
I agree the Collectible categories are rife with contradictory and incomplete information. It's as if 20 years ago someone began to build a category hierarchy but half way through gave up and walked away never to return. The item specifics are incomplete or totally missing in some cases too.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

it went through, that's the thing. whole thing confuses me. I agree with your statement on the categories too
Message 13 of 13
latest reply