Sendle - anybody would use them and why?

Anybody uses Sendle and why would you use them over ChitChats, Stallion and similar providers?

They offer pickup and that is the only additional benefit I see.  Otherwise they seem to be foxy about their pricing like Poshmark and sketchy about their service, no service guarantees. Marketing pure since they have a deep pocket budget.

Anybody other experience?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Sendle - anybody would use them and why?

byto253
Community Member

Never heard of them before, how do they work?  Do you need a physical location to drop off to like Chitchats, or are you buying postage from a major carrier or CP and dropping off there?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Just reading their site and it looks like the model is that they sell the postage and the carrier picks it up from your door.   There is also a promo for new Canadian accounts for 10 free shipments - which I think apply to ones done in Canada. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I haven't used them but I wouldn't compare them to Chit Chsts etc as according to their site, they are for shipping within Canada only.   They do have some good domestic rates.

https://support.sendle.com/hc/en-ca/articles/205204758-Locations-Coverage

https://try.sendle.com/en-ca/pricing

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Chitchats has some good domestic rates as well.  I just checked a parcel, 1.1 kg 21x16x16 cm and it is $13.67 from Ottawa to Vancouver.   

But you need to have a chitchat locations in your town, and have to get to it.  From the examples, Sendle would be a similar price but the carrier will pick up at your place, which will be great for places without a chitchats or stallion location.  Or in my case, 1 or 2 parcels does not make it worth a drive to the depot.

Looks like a good option to add to the shipping quiver. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I just entered the same dimensions in to Sendle and it came up as $20.26 vs $13.67 from Sendle.  I am guessing that since it was over 1 kg, it kicked it up to a 3kg rate.  If it was not a free promo shipment I would have trimmed the package down to get under 1kg.

Edit - similar sized parcel to Northern Quebec came to $12.95 - regional vs. national rate.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

We should be getting our first October Free Shipping tomorrow from Canada Post,a nd this year including a Tracked Packet USA.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

We should be getting our first October Free Shipping tomorrow from Canada Post,a nd this year including a Tracked Packet USA.

This pretty much guarantees I'll have no sales for the next two days

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I will be using the CP ones and a couple of the free Sendle ones.  I will post back on how the Sendle goes.  They are scheduled for pickup on Tuesday, though the time frame is any time on Tuesday. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

The best way to use sendle is through EasyShip. You can sign up for a free account with EasyShip and access the Sendle Preferred rates (which you have to pay for in a subscription to access on Sendles website). The savings are make the service more worthwhile. I'm a 40 minute round trip to my closet Chitchats and over an hour to stallion, and my volume doesn't make the trips worthwhile.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

"Sendle is an Australian-based company which provides courier services within Australia, United States, and Canada, focusing primarily on small to medium-sized businesses and online retailers."

NO thanks...

As a CP customer for decades, I'll continue to put my trust into a CANADIAN company in which my experiences have been 95% satisfactory and my decades of experience with CP has gained them my loyalty.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 12 of 12
latest reply