Shoes marked as "doesn't seem authentic" but returned without tag, what do?

I was selling off-white converse, including the orange tag that had been torn off, it was included in the package with the shoes. I insured the package for over 500$ because even if they didn't verify it I personally know they're real and still need everything. The shoes were almost immediately marked "doesn't seem authentic, and returned to me in a new package without the tag. How am I supposed to deal with this? Ebay hyped up the trustworthiness of their guarantee system so much I'd assumed the only weak link would be the postal system itself. Though since it's been returned missing a crucial component in a still sealed bag, I have to assume they either threw away the tag or stole it. I've kinda lost my trust in the credibility of this system as I'm not sure I have any way of actually confronting them for their accountability.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I can't speak for the athenticity system itself as I have had no dealings with it but in terms of the hype on "the trustworthiness of their guarantee system" as you say I think that is more in place for the buyer's sake to be comfortable than the sellers!

Perhaps the buyer can be assured if it has been verified they don't have to worry but there is a world of grey area for the seller I would think, as you found out.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'm mainly trying to figure out how to deal with a highly valuable item not being returned. The seller never got access to the shoes, it was removed while still in ebays system. Without that tag the shoes have dropped a couple hundred dollars in value, it was an integral part of the product.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Would it be clear to another person that the tag belonged to those shoes and not another pair?
Message 4 of 4
latest reply