how much delay are you experience at ISC chicago ? they ever get moved at the end?if so how long ?

just want to see how stuck are the usps parcels for you guys,how long they been stuck at isc chicago, and if they ever end up moving and delivered?

for mines, they had been very good first 3 months in 2021 from canada to usa. they all delivery on time, or faster than normal world era days.

but since late feb, esp end of march to april they are horriflying. i have 2 parcels stuck at "processed at isc chicago" for over 20 25 days now without anyone being able to tell me what's going on.

i call usps, canada postal almost every day trying to push someone to help. nothing happens.

i looked and found isc chicago's direct number and all they could tell me is they know where the container that has my parcel is, and most they could do is sample other parcel's tracking that's in the same container, which by 20th day of stucking there, most of them were delivered. so it would be weird that only mines are still in that almost empty container.

another theory they got for me is that my shipping label is ruined so they can't scan it and tossed aside for the mail recovery department to handle if i file a trace. that seems very slim because how lucky i would be having two parcel shipped seperately on two different container to just have my specificly destoryed label during transit.

or another theory is that they were larger than the automatic sorting machine could handle, requires manual sorting and they got no man power in the place due to covid.

which is also hard to imagine because similar size parcel i shiped along with them went smooth, fast, delivered.

so now everything going into chicago has me go really paranoided.

ny is another bad place as well. twice this year i got parcel that got "missent" to a wrong post office and get rerouted multipule times to multipule incorrect post office. one end up going dark with no further tracking update after it says "forwarded"

one got fortunate that the local post office clerk promised to keep an eye for and got it delivered.

at this point i am very worry about buyer run out of patience, in fact one already gotten a refund. while item is stil so call "in transit" and ebay doesn't seems to care to extend the wait time for it to move.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: how much delay are you experience at ISC chicago ? they ever get moved at the end?if so how long

another theory they got for me is that my shipping label is ruined so they can't scan it and tossed aside for the mail recovery department to handle if i file a trace.

I would certainly have the trace put on the parcel.

This should help with all three of your, very plausible, theories.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Re: how much delay are you experience at ISC chicago ? they ever get moved at the end?if so how long

My most recent package that passed through the Chicago facility was there for a few days, previously packages would get stuck there for 1-3 weeks..

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

i have done filing every possible thing on usps, canada postal. with no answer still after the 2nd week of doing so. the search case just get open and closed right after for usps.call back in they kept telling me they dont know why it was open then close without anything found.

the trace  recovery thing doesn't get any progress since signed up.

canada postal kept telling me to wait because they are waiting for usps to reply them.

while honestly a trace recovery because label got messed up is very unlikely with two parcel shipped a few days apart in different containers according to the actual worker that answered my call at isc chicago.

and now 3 more parcels that just got into isc chicago are starting to stuck there. 5th day already, while 4 other that was shipped about the same time as them were delivered. 

ebay already made me refund 1 of them. i am worrying if this keep piling up it will put me out of operation.

they don't seems to care or aknowledge that chicago is having all these problem clearing the logs. reps are giving me 3 days to appeal. that's so not right, and definately won't be enough time for canada post to get an investagtion done. they said it takes up to 30 40 days. 

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

what do the buyer do after 1to3 weeks of not seeing tracking moves? filed for refund? and how did ebay react?

i got one of them refunded ruled by ebay because they say so what if theres a pandemic or usps is dropping the ball. tracking stop. you pay.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

The seller is responsible for getting the purchase to the buyer within the estimated delivery period.

So if the purchase doesn't arrive, the buyer can open and win an Item Not Recieved dispute.

Some can be persuaded to give some leeway.

The buyer has 30 days from the last estimated date for delivery to open the Dispute. The seller should give the buyer the tracking information which shows the purchase has been shipped (although it is stuck) and hope for the best.

When the parcel finally does arrive, the seller can re-invoice the buyer and about half the time the buyer will repay, in my limited experience.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

I have never had any issues with my buyers(I always send the buyer a message at time of shipment to let them know of possible delays). Perhaps I have buyers that are more understanding and/or it is the nature/category of items that I sell(non-urgent hobby items,craft items,collectibles,etc). All my shipments were delivered within 30 days and no complaints/no cases filed = I have had 0 issues/0 complaints/ 0 refunds.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

It seems the ISC Chicago facility has become a black hole in recent months. I currently have FIVE (5) parcels stuck there, and they have been since mid-late April... Three destined for Australia, one to Mexico, and one to Canada. Calling, messaging and email is completely pointless. Nobody has any answers other than "pandemic" and I'm so sick and tired of hearing this rediculous canned covid nonsense being used as an excuse for bureaucratic inefficiency and feet dragging. Most of the time, international customers are patient and they understand that it may take a couple weeks for something to be shipped internationally because of customs delays and other nonsense, but this is just beyond rediculous. That particular facility needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Part of the USPS problem is that when Dejoy was made Postmaster General, he set out to slow down service.

In addition to removing and destroying sorting machines, he disallowed overtime, told carriers to return to the terminal when their work hours were up even if they still had mail to deliver, and did not allow temporary hiring over Christmas.

Note that those "temporary" workers often have lots of experience. It is common with Canada Post for workers to take those well-paid temp jobs year after year at Christmas and as covers for vacationing or sick staff. Some hope to become full-time.

Dejoy has heavy investments in courier companies, which he did not divest when he was appointed.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

UPSP Chicago has been a problem for over a year for me. Tracking provided to buyers and they search it and see the system is failing. I googled this particular station and saw mass amounts of parcels at the threshold of the loading docks unable to enter the building due to the volumes. Management is very poor there to let this keep going on. Even without extra hours or help a volume diversion plan should be in place such as Canada Post has. Recently when Toronto shift 3 was sent home for two weeks and another postal processing station I was afraid to send anything. The retail post office clerk told me that mail was diverted to Hamelton, Kitchener, London, and Windsor to continuing the processing of mail. The large backlog was greatly lessened this time which was a great relief. USPS should learn from Canada Post.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

So may 26th
Parcels checked in isc chicago on march 28th, april 1st are still "there", cpc considered them lost.

Two other new Parcels got in may12th stayed until 24th , i filed a service ticket by cpc
and next update on 25th they arrived Indianapolis annex, that both Parcels destinations city arent close by, or i see the city usually has their route stay at Illinois before departure to destination city. So it looks like those were just shipped out to lesser population city to sort and out on road again.

Then two more newer new Parcels on their 6th day at isc chicago.
Gosh this blkhole gets me anxiety on every shipment
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

My item arrived there on Apr 28 and now it is June 15, no updates since then.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

DeJoy is still in charge then I guess.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

OMG!!!! Thanks for sharing that report!!! That explains why dozens of my parcels have been stuck for weeks!!!! My customers won't pay for a courier service, so we are at the mercy of the Post Office and having to go through Customs. 😢

Message 15 of 35
latest reply

I had two INR's opened yesterday from 2 different buyers.  Same problem in both cases, packages stuck at ISC Chicago for 4 weeks and counting.   Everything i ship to the US has to go through ISC Chicago, if this continues i'll be wiped out.  I already have 17 other packages that i shipped in May and the first half of June up in the air as to whether they'll get delivered or not. I may be looking at 17 more INR's soon.

At the beginning of May when i first noticed a slowdown, the delay was about a week, now it's at least 4 weeks so the problem is getting worse, not better.

And i still have no idea what the problem is.  USPS says everything is running normally at that facility.

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

The problem is they are so far behind (people are getting quoted 4-5 weeks when calling) and systemic issues at that facility means there is effectively no first in first out policy. The stuff that gets shoved to the back remains stuck in the back so to speak. It's not unlike when Canada Post facilities get overrun and have to move everything into containers and store them all over the place. The compounding factor is they don't have to respond to any mail inquiries until 45 business days have passed.

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

I've had 8 parcels held up there in the last couple months, the earliest of which arrived in mid April: 4 destined to Australia, 1 destined to Mexico, 2 destined to Canada, and 1 destined to Poland. 4 out of the 8 have since moved on, and 4 still remain stuck there at the time of this posting. In my instances, the packages sat there anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks before being processed and finally sent on.

As you can imagine, customers are upset and demanding refunds and so forth. It's a serious problem and it seems it really started to become an issue around the end of November last year when holiday shopping ramped up, and has since only escalated out of control... not gotten better. Of course "covid" is going to be the scapegoat, but what it really boils down to a high level of incompetence that desperately needs to be investigated. Law enforcement or the military need to take over the facility and get things moving if the USPS can't seem to get their act together.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

At least this has occurred, which may focus mainly on local Chicago issues, but ultimately higher-ups are clearly aware of major Chicago issues.

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/chicago-usps-postmaster-out-after-delayed-mail-complaints/

Message 20 of 35
latest reply