Need help with shippo

I am trying to create a label with ebay/shippo and I keep getting this error.   I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  Any ideas?

customs error.jpg

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Need help with shippo

When you click the “edit” button on bottom right corner, what does the screen says? You might be missing info there.
Message 2 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

When you fill in the custom's information you have to punch in the weight.

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

* On  the first page are you metric or American for weight measurements of the package?

Customs info and the packaging sizes need to use the same system to avoid possible problems.

* check the shipping address, does it have a phone number?

* sometimes the error is just a temporary glitch and will go away if you come back later.

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

This is what it says:

customs2.jpg

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

I'm old still on inches and lbs/ounces.  

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

I have tried it with both.  I tried it last night went to paypal and it worked.  Just through ebay, there is a problem.  

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Have you tried putting in a HS code under Tariff number? I do realize it isn't starred but when I fill in my forms, I always put in a HS code...

And you said you already tried it in grams and cms? Since Canada Post is metric, maybe it'd only accept metric measurements? 8 ounces is 227g (yes I had to google it), and that seems to be a lot for a CD...

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

I tried with metric and inches and oz, still no luck.  I tried it with the HS code and also the SKU number still the same reject.  

customs3.jpg

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

What are you using a SKU code to designate? I've always left that area blank. 

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Also, what information do you have selected/checked under Show Additional Options?

I think we'd also have to see that and Page One of the workflow to provide more meaningful troubleshooting. 

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Yes, it would be nice to see other pages... because I never had any issues with Shippo. The last expedited parcel label I printed on Saturday took me only a couple minutes to get done. If anything, I had more issues with Snap Ship, which I stopped using after the first month...

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

shippo 1.jpgshippo 2.jpgshippo 3.jpgcustoms3.jpg

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Shippo is a treat to use. Once I stopped making the sorts of errors one always make when learning something new, I found it made the process of printing postage labels more efficient and less time-consuming than it had been with Paypal Shipping. 

SnapShip has its strengths and weaknesses. I loathe having to manually complete the buyer info (name and address) but like that it remembers the customs data from previous labels printed which is useful if you export the same thing on a regular basis.

I would like if Shippo allowed me to customize the notice of shipment to buyers. That's one area that I find slightly lacking. 

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Uncheck 'Use Customs Declaration' and try again. I don't think that means what we might think it means. Does that help? If not, write back. 

Message 15 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Also, make the weight of your declared item one gram less than the package itself. 

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

This is a guess, but perhaps you need to put a higher weight for the package weight and a lower weight for the item weight (because your item should weight less than total package weight). Maybe remove all the - in the title and . in your hs code you have, and give that a try. Here is a sample of what I did with one of my open orders for a 250g small packet air USA label. 

SPA01.jpgSPA02.jpgSPA03.jpgSPA04.jpg

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Tried taking off the customs declaration, didn't work.  Then made the package weight a fraction different, didn't work.   I'm at a loss here.

customs4.jpg

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

I followed everything you did and it still doesn't want to work for me.  

Message 19 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

You didn't quite follow what I did... The red line already told you what your problem is: The sum of your customs items is higher than your total parcel weight.

Make the first weight you enter, which is the package weight, HIGHER (heavier). Then make the second weight you enter, which is the item weight, LOWER (lighter). Do you see how I have 0.25 kg first for package weight, and 0.20 kg second for item weight?

Message 20 of 39
latest reply