September 7th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

One remaining question from last week was, how will sellers' own UPC codes work with the "real" ones? I don't have a specific answer to that question but the Item Specifics team will be putting out more thorough instructions between now and the time after which UPC codes will be made mandatory across more categories on the site.

Open issues:

• Followers list not displaying properly
  • Images missing from Watch List
  • CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Automotive listings losing images when changing duration to GTC
  • Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place (need examples)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved) - Ticket has gone dormant. Will move off the list until new reports show the issue is still occurring.
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Hi Raphael, if a buyer has asked to return an item as not as described then quickly cancels the return because they did it in error (wrong seller) does the return defect drop off automatically or does one have to contact Customer Service to get it removed?

Or does it stay for a year even though it was done in error by the buyer?

That return will still show up on your dashboard for a year but returns don't count as a defect and you aren't rated on them so it doesn't really matter.   Unless something changes, that info is supposed to be helpful for us but it is more annoying than useful imo.  I have 5 'returns' over 18 months showing.....one was a mistake closed within seconds, 2 were return requests but the items were never returned and 2 were actual returns.  I don't see how showing me that I had 5 returns when I only had 1 as being useful.

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

Here is more that do not show up on .com, 2 n'd installment.  I checked them all as I am writing this. I have 1300 listed on my selling manager at this moment.  Only 1,242 show up on .com and 1,264 show up on .ca.  That is 58 short on ebay.com and 36 on ebay.ca

Boz Scaggs - Middle Man

Brian Setzer Orchestra - Guitar Slinger

Bruce Hornsby & The Range - Defenders of the Flag

Brook Benton - Treasure Chest

Brian O'Reilly & Donovan - The Children of Lir

Brooks & Dunn - The Greatest Hits Collection

Bread - The Essentials

Bryan Ferry - Boys and Girls

Bruce Cockburn - Sunwheel Dance

Buddy Rich & His Orchestra - Jazz Collector

Buddy Rich and Harry "Sweets" Edison

Burt Bacharach - make it easy on Yourself

Butterick Sewing Pattern B 4983 formal

and there is more but it takes time to look each one up before i list it here and you close for the day.

Do not show up on .ca, listed on .com

Beautiful Girls - MGM Soundtrack

Bella Luna - Various Artists

Back To The Future - Soundtrack CD 1985 Japan Early Press

Billboard Latin Music Awards 2000

Bossa Nova - Various Artists

Big Night - Original Soundtrack

boys on the Side - Original Soundtrack

brian mcknight - i'll be home for christmas

big shiny tunes 11 much

bourne ultimatum - original soundtrack

Brigadoon - MGM Soundtrack

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

One final issue and then I will leave you to tend to the concerns of others. I had a buyer from uk ask to open a Remorse Return Request last week which I accepted despite my 14-day return policy having already been elapsed. 

Unfortunately, the funds were immediately frozen in my paypal account as if it was a SNAD claim or INR Claim and not a simple remorse return. 

Exactly why did this occur, and what do I have to do to get this fixed? My paypal account balance should not be frozen for three or four weeks while I wait to see if the buyer decides whether or not to actually return the item. It's an insult to me and assumes I am both in the wrong with this item and not to be trusted as a seller to do the right thing if it actually comes back. Plus, to state the obvious, I need that paypal account balance to pay my ebay fees in a week.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/RETURNS-PROCESS-LEAVES-SOMETHING-TO-BE-DESIRED/m-p/349837...

Thanks,

Maureen  

I have asked a trusted colleague to look into this. Are you sure the freeze was caused by the return on eBay? Did the buyer also open a dispute on PayPal?

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Here is more that I listed on .com and they do not show up in the search on .ca.  If you look in the completed listing you will see them as I relisted all of them on Aug 31/Sep 1, to use up my allotted free listing for the month.

brazilectro

Christy Baron - Steppin'

CBC Radio After Hours 3

Cafe Del Mar Classic III

Country Hits 2010 Best of New Country

Classic Gold - Various Artists

Cafe Del Mar Volume Eight

butterick Sewing Pattern B 5637

As you can see there is a lot plus more, but the reason I posted the pictures so i wouldn't have to do this.  If you need more proof, I will give it to you.  I am going to end all those listings and relist them and hopefully they will end up showing up on both sites.  But I didn't want to do that until you could investigate further.  

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Hi Raphael, if a buyer has asked to return an item as not as described then quickly cancels the return because they did it in error (wrong seller) does the return defect drop off automatically or does one have to contact Customer Service to get it removed?

Or does it stay for a year even though it was done in error by the buyer?

Hi msmaggie060,

An open case only becomes a defect if it is escalated to eBay and then closed without resolution by the seller. In the scenario you describe, that wouldn't be the case (there should be no defect to begin with).

With that said, if there ended up being a defect as a result, CS should be able to remove it.

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

@amcdc79 wrote:

Hello raphael, my Automotive listings did work this time when I changed them to GTC, thank goodness ebay had given me enough free listings that in the long run, it didn't really mater. Just the hassle of having to let them end, and then relist them as GTC.

I am also having the same issue everyone is having regarding the photos, in our watch list, I'm using firefox fyi.

Hi amcdc79,

Glad to know the issue is resolved, thanks for telling me. I have reported the watch list photos issue.

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

@block36 wrote:

Hello Raphael,

I noticed something that "does not work" ( at least on my site).

The View eBay My World indicates that I have 89 followers and when I press on 89 I am getting the display of 24 squares with followers' codes and few of them with pictures.

Then I press Show more and the system displays again the same 24 names(codes).

And the same again...

I attended another seller's site with over 150 "admirers" and pressed the same links - the system displays only 24 followers and then repeats it again and again.

This information on followers is not of big importance, but I think it should work as long as it is offered to us.

Hope you can do something to correct it. 

Hello block36,

Thanks for showing me this. It looks like a bug (as you may have figured out Smiley Happy). I have forwarded this to the team who manages that page.

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Raphael? Come back, come back, we love you. 

I wasn't sleeping

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

Thank you, Raphael, for the reply to that question and the others. Yes, I am positively positive there is no associated PayPal return case, only this one for this reason opened on eBay.co.uk. When I first called Customer Service, they tried to tell me ALL returns no matter the reason froze funds which I insisted was incorrect. After putting me on hold while they sought a supervisor at my request, the CSR apologized and said she had been wrong, that the funds were frozen because the case was opened on eBay.co.uk where I am not a powerseller. 

Regardless, I did nothing wrong with this transaction and even went out of my way to do something right by accepting a return request past my stated 14-day requirement so I would very much appreciate my funds unfrozen. The buyer has 20 days to decide whether to return it now, I feel that's far too long for me to just wait it out. 

Frozen funds implies guilt. 

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Good Morning Raphael:  

These do not show up on ebay.com.  If you can see them let me know.

Big Joe Turner - Rock 'n' Roll Shakedown

Bill Evans - At the Montreux Jazz Festival

Billy Ocean - Greatest Hits

Bill Douglas - Circle of Moons

Billy Joe Royal - Tell it Like It Is

Bill Lloyd - Set to Pop

Billy Talent

Bill & Gloria Gaither - Sing Your Blues Away

Blackhawk - Greatest Hits

Bob James - Joy Ride

Bob Mintzer - Urban Contours

Bob Florence - Friends Treasures Heroes

Bob Dylan - Greatest Hits

Bob Dylan - Unplugged

Brad Prevedoros - After Hours

Bobby Broom - Modern Man

Bon Jovi - Have a Nice Day

Bobby Vinton - Bobby Vinton's Greatest Hits

Bobbi Sherron - Sharring The Dream

Bobby Osborne & Rock Top Express

Bobby Darin - Darin at the Copa

Boney M - Oceans of Fantasy

Boney James - Body Language

Brad mehldau trio - anything goes

Brad Mehldau - Introducing Brad Hehldau

Boz Scaggs - Come on Home

Stay turned for more and then the one I listed on .com that don't show up on .ca

Thanks, I tried the top 2-3 and I also can't see them on eBay.com search although I can't see why. Let me investigate.

Message 30 of 37
latest reply

If a case has been opened, and it appears it has in the UK, funds will not be released until the case is resolved, either with a refund or found in favor of seller.

You also have to look at the policies on the UK site as that is where the case is based. Their rules may be different than here.

You may want to go to the UK site to see what the case says.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

Why is the Ebay site showing up as not secure?

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Thank you, Raphael, for the reply to that question and the others. Yes, I am positively positive there is no associated PayPal return case, only this one for this reason opened on eBay.co.uk. When I first called Customer Service, they tried to tell me ALL returns no matter the reason froze funds which I insisted was incorrect. After putting me on hold while they sought a supervisor at my request, the CSR apologized and said she had been wrong, that the funds were frozen because the case was opened on eBay.co.uk where I am not a powerseller. 

Regardless, I did nothing wrong with this transaction and even went out of my way to do something right by accepting a return request past my stated 14-day requirement so I would very much appreciate my funds unfrozen. The buyer has 20 days to decide whether to return it now, I feel that's far too long for me to just wait it out. 

Frozen funds implies guilt. 

Ah, the UK detail is rather crucial here. I have relayed that detail to my colleague who is looking into this.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Why is the Ebay site showing up as not secure?

Can you tell me more? The eBay site shows as secure like normal on all my browsers. 

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

Thanks for looking into it.  I purposely did not end the listings so that you could investigate and I believe it was a bug on Aug 31 that affected more than just me.  

I was going to end them tomorrow and relist them but will hold off if you want so you can look into it further.  We are talking about 100 listings over both .ca and com. 

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Thanks for looking into it.  I purposely did not end the listings so that you could investigate and I believe it was a bug on Aug 31 that affected more than just me.  

I was going to end them tomorrow and relist them but will hold off if you want so you can look into it further.  We are talking about 100 listings over both .ca and com. 

Thanks, yes please keep them up for a bit so we can investigate.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

This concludes our session for this week. Thanks for joining and see you next time!

If there was anything from this week we still need to close or discuss further, please reach me by email.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply