Forum Posts

Oh My! Shipping Cost More Than The Item Itself

I just shipped something to BC. The item is fairly cheap and light so I put the shipping as $10. It cost me twice that much to ship. So I made nothing I was looking around for a announcement that I thought eBay sent out about Zone shipping or somethi...

SELLER NEWSLETTER

Hello Friends: I have a relatively new wBay Store. I have one question. I am planning to send out Seller Newslaters. My question is this. Where on the eBay Store will I find the option for potential buyers to subscribe to the newsletter? In other wor...

Why is ebay asking for my passport for ID

I received an email from ebay asking to provide identification. Ebay is asking for either a drivers license or passport, neither of which i have. Ebay went thru this id with the managed payment setup so they have my information. Why are you asking fo...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 17 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Return label to USA

So long story short I sold a small compact camera .paid 15 ca for shipping to buyer a few days after delivery buyer open a case and advise it was not working as described and that they wanted to return it I accepted request. I said now what as I neve...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Has anyone shipped to Germany since the VerpackG Packaging Act?

I read here earlier in the year about Germany's Verpack G (Packaging Act) that was staring July 1, 2022 and that sellers would need a valid LUCID Registration. While I have shipped to Germany several times in the past it was not enough to investigate...

• 12 replies
  • 2 helpful

eBay will not refund voided shipping labels

I bought a Canada Post label through eBay, with the signature option selected, but the label did not indicate signature required when I printed it, so I voided the label. Almost 2 months later and I still cannot get a refund for it – a $78 label.Ever...

• 14 replies
  • 1 helpful

Cancelled listings

FYI for anyone who has to cancels a transaction due to either a request from buyer, no response from a buyer or no payment. If the listing is for multiple units, make sure to check after the transaction fully cancels. I had a listing where I had no r...

Resolved! Suspicious buyer - please be aware

Hello. I just wanted to let you know of 2 or actually 3 people that were trying to scam me out of a valuable graded hockey card. Just in brief, I had the card up and it sold for $3050.00. Sold to a female buyer with the first name of 'Karly'. Upon wi...

• 16 replies
  • 1 helpful

INR passed delay

I have a buyer who opened a INR case passed the delay for money back guarantee. I had a few like this before but everytime i was just answering and buyers were closing the cases. Now buyer leave it open and said nothing. I don't understand how do we ...

My store has no inventory?

Good Morning everyone, I clicked on my store icon a few times this morning and the message that is recieved is "This store has no inventory but here are some other stores you can check out" or "we are sold out but here are some other stores" Both mes...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! "You are close to carrier limits" with eBay shipping Tracked Packet USA

I have just started using eBay for labels after using Snap Ship since 2018. The box I just sent was 27 cm x 23 cm x 22 cm (always rounded up).Weight was 1.010 kg.Everything looks fine, the cost shows $25.02 for Tracked Packet to California. But when ...

Resolved! HELP: Why do I have to add a credit card only payment option to cancel an order?

I need to cancel a buyers order...I see it already deposited my sold listing funds into my bank account before I even created a shipping label and shipped it!? It just sold yesterday evening and I have a 1-3 day handling time on my listings. It's ask...

Photo 2023-06-13, 11 20 46 AM.jpg

Combining Listings

I have several listings where I would like to group them, either in response to a request from a customer, or to simply help move inventory with a special lot deal. I have hockey cards, so an example would be to group Edmonton Oilers cards. Ideally, ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Last attempt to get Account Restriction lifted

I have ebay account since 2018. Last year I started selling on my account and made few successful sales. All sales went through perfectly. No issue in sale or payments. Tried listing another item (a watch) and listing was put on hold asking for more ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can't add shipping to listing on the .ca website

When I try to add domestic shipping options, the page refreshes, leaving me unable to add anything. This only happens on the .ca website. The .com website is fine, though I'd prefer to use the .ca website. I have tried three different browsers and di...

Wrong feedback score showing up.

It's been a few weeks sometimes i see a wrong feedbacks score on my profil. There's a glitch like it stuck to 174. Then i refresh and it's back to normal. Then it happen again. It's randomly and on regular basis. Anyone experience it and/or know to f...

Change Country from USA to Canada - Payments on Hold

I have been with Ebay since 1998. I am in Canada. Back then there was no Ebay Canada. My Registration address is a post box I have in Blain Wa. I lived near the border and often shipped from the USA. Have not lived there for years. My Country of Resi...

Scammer Beware!!

Beware...Buyer is a Scammer who preys on Letter mail sellers knowing there is no tracking... first purchases items then clames not recieving items for full refunds.

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Low views and no sell

Hello ebay sellers,I am selling on from last few days I am getting no views and got no sell yet I have tried every possible way to get the traffic but no luck so far can anyone please throw some insight know how starting of selling days work and how ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Feedback Can Be Left in One Day?

I sold an item yesterday, mailed it the same day (to the US with Tracked Package) and woke up this morning to see I had feedback from buyer "Has not arrived". I know you can't leave negative feedback this soon but they marked as positive with this ne...

• 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

Unable to post a listing: eBay simply could not care less

My typical user profile on ebay is of a buyer. But occasionally I sell things too. Last time I wanted to post a new listing was back in March. As soon as I wanted to create a listing I woud get the Well, this is embarrassing.We're sorry, but the list...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Listing coins and bullion Announcement

This just arrived. New Item Specifics for Listings in Coins and Bullion Categories Based on feedback from sellers, eBay Canada has rolled out new additional item specifics for listings in the Coins and Bullion categories.These two new item specifics,...

Resolved! Putting mutiple items in shopping cart to request final total

The most common problem I encounter is a buyer wanting to buy a couple items but need an invoice before paying that shows my discounts for combined shipping. Buyers often say they don't get this option to put items in cart but have to pay for each it...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Restocking strategy

I've been asking myself for some time what is the best restocking strategy for a listing. Is is better to re add quantity, keeping sold history. Or ending and relist as similar, for the new listing boost. I like keeping my sold history personally as ...

Unjust negative feedback received. Please help!

A buyer ordered two blu-ray cases from me on May 18, which I shipped the day after, on May 19, in two separate envelopes by lettermail as I did not offer combined shipping and did not have an envelope that could fit both and still be able to send by ...

Labels