10-15% off at Canada Post!

ajandjamie
Community Member
Well i have to admit that i am completely excited to see this happen - it was announced in the first "canadian power sellers e-mail update" that i just received. I'm wondering if it will be a card we take into the post office, or if we will have to ship everything on-line...but either way, i can't wait!!!
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

lydia9999
Community Member
Is this on top of one's current contracts with Canada Post? If so then it truely is something.

If it is just 10-15% off the retail post office price then I dont know how much it will help powersellers. Since it is so easy to estabilish a low lvl contract with Canada Post and receive more then 15% discount.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Lydia, how are you getting such a discount? Geez, I have a lot to learn!!

I was pretty excited when I saw this as well!!
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I spoke to my CP rep ....All this will be is intructions on how to set up a account with Canada Post . Nothing really important....
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

ty62
Community Member
Hi
I have been mailing with a CP Venture One card (I got one as soon as it was available). Most of my packages go to the US via Expedited Parcel (that replaced Air Mail two years ago), is cheaper with the Venture One. Inside Canada the savings are non existent as the Venture one only gives discount on Expedited, making it the same cost as regular Parcel rate, but at least the customer is happy that the item gets there much faster. There are no savings on International (outside Canada and the US) on parcels, or Packets.
I would be interested in how I can save more, would like to see the Small Packet weight limit to go up to 2KG in the US, broader Insurance capabilities, the elimination of the idiotic minimum size restrictions, and the introduction of media rate.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
You can wish ;o)
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

readysetglo.c0m
Community Member
I top have been using the Venture one card and find it quite useless. )( and it is only 5% or less savings) I cant belive Canada Post is offering such a new discount. I will believe when I see it!!
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

ezbidzauctions
Community Member
I can't understand how lyndia99999 can get 15% off on Canada post, we have a Venture One card from Canada Post only save 5% from what I recall.

Regards,
Andrew English
Ezbidz Auctions
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Remember you generally get a 20% discount when you open a Canada Post account . You can take your packages into the postal outlet ...711,Drug Store . Hand them the shipping manifest and get billed in 15 day increaments with Canada Post. I am not sure why everyone with a Venture One Card that sells on ebay does not do it this way . The savings make it worth while ....

Question do you get a dicount on the Venture One card for items in small packet ...meaning under 1kg to the USA?
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

rewind_things_from_the_past
Community Member
How do you open a Canadapost account?
I only ship about 40 (100 or so at x-mas time) or so auctions a week so i do not know if i wood qaulify
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
give them a call

Online Business Centre Help Desk 1 866-511-0546
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

acurael
Community Member
Couriers are also willing to give a healthly discount too.

With the CP sponsored Purolator shipping ground into the US, there's 3 ground choices now - UPS and FedEx.

They offer many advantages over the postal system - if you have the volume to offer them 😉
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
rewind, 40 parcels is more than enough to get discounts and no charge pick up.

Regarding TY62's post the Venture 1 card is also good for shipments WITHIN Canada on Priority Courier, Xpresspost,Expedited Parcel, Regular Parcel.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
your-chic-shopper

I for one will be giving them a call in the morning. Thanks for the number as a penny save is a penny earned.

Don
Message 14 of 14
latest reply