A crooked seller who scammed me too had 20 recent negative feedback comments removed! How?!

A crooked seller who scammed me too had 20 recent negative feedback comments removed! he listed one item, never shipped it. everyone who bought it wrote similar negative comments. yes we all got our money back thru buyer protection but that doesn't mean negative feedback should be allowed to be removed!

His score was 20% and is now at 90%!! theres no where that allows me to report this person other than calling ebay.

i wish i took a screenshot!

this is just absurd! and if ebay is allowing this, i will immediately cease to do business with ebay.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

A crooked seller who scammed me too had 20 recent negative feedback comments removed! How?!

Gosh, that is maddening.

However, the eBay policy is that  when a Dispute is settled (or 20 as seems to have happened here) no feedback can be left. Not for the buyer or for the seller.

The more important Detailed Seller Ratings are removed too. Probably. I'm not too sure about that.

It won't be much comfort but a 90% feedback rating is pretty horrible. Most experienced buyers would avoid a seller with bad FB like that.

It is also likely that the seller is on eBay's radar. You might just for interest's sake put a Watch on one of his items. He may suddenly become Not A Registered User (NARU). That means his account would be closed by eBay.

Handling Disputes is expensive. EBay doesn't like sellers who cost them money.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'deegucci',

Now, now, - no reason to go off in a huff.  You only need to sort out how to make the most

of the "new improved" (cough cough) feedback system.

Have you seen this link about it, that explains all the ways and means feedback can be removed?

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

There are all sorts of related links about policies and procedures to click on as well.

Basically, - a seller can get feedback removed just for the asking.  That's cynical, yes, but not 

so far from the truth.

In future, if you have a sincere gripe about something, first try to get the seller to remedy the problem

for you by sending a gently worded note to the seller.

If you happen to find that very rare seller who tells you to jump in the lake, before leaving any feedback

call ebay.  Find the words 'Help & Contact' at the top left of the page.  Choose the Contact eBay and 

click your way to a phone number and pass code.

The reason for placing a polite and calmly worded call to ebay is if you feel the seller has left you no

choice but leave something other than positive feedback, explaining this to an ebay phone attendant

will help you with what to say, -- and greatly lessen the chance it will be removed.

As you can see from the above link, almost anything qualifies for removal.  But if you read a seller's 

incoming comments, you will see you can distinguish between positives where the seller has clearly

gone to great lengths to make buyers happy, and those where the buyer is simply glad the item

showed up.  

Happy shopping.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
latest reply