ARE YOU SENDING OUT EMAILS TO EBAY CUSTOMERS. THE EMAIL IS SAYING PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNT SINCERELY TH.

4 REPLIES 4

ARE YOU SENDING OUT EMAILS TO EBAY CUSTOMERS. THE EMAIL IS SAYING PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNT SINCERELY TH.

This is a member to member Board and no eBay employees drop in here.

Forward suspicious emails to spoof@ebay.com

If you are worried about one from Paypal, btw, the forward is to spoof@paypal.com

But yeah, that's a scam. Delete it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I recently reviewed that email. I don't think it's a *scam* per se. Rather, ebay is asking you to add Security Questions to your account. Do NOT click on any link in any email to do so. If you log into your ebay account from whatever bookmark you use, it will prompt you there. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I haven't been on ebay for a long time due to awful exchange rate. At first I thought that was the reason I was getting these emails (have had 3 in the past 2 weeks!). Scam? who knows but like femmefam I treat it like a scam and delete. Nothing has changed on my account so why would I go in. I always treat anything like this like it's a scam. Deleting them is the safest way to go for sure
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I agree.

If new information is really required, you will be directed to do that the next time you log into ebay. There is a page with Questions and Answers for you to choose. Or you can Skip It.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply