Case Decided in my favour is now on hold???

ca-lawr
Community Member
Had a buyer open a case for an item not received the other day. Item wasn't received because they admittedly gave an incomplete address. Never had this many issues with a case like this.
When I called ebay the first time I was told to call back in 24 hours. I don't know why I needed to wait and leave the case open for a day.
Called back and was repeatedly put on hold while they "investigated". Finally the rep ruled the case in my favour. She did say at one point she was "making sure the buyer couldn't appeal". She said everything was done and the funds were released back to me. That was Wednesday.
At 3am this morning I got an email from ebay saying the case was on hold while they asked the buyer to confirm condition of the item received. What does this mean???
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm not sure. It's possible that the buyer changed the case to item not as described but the message should have specified that.  Did you have delivery confirmation showing that the item could not be delivered?  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@ca-lawr wrote:
Had a buyer open a case for an item not received the other day. Item wasn't received because they admittedly gave an incomplete address. Never had this many issues with a case like this.
When I called ebay the first time I was told to call back in 24 hours. I don't know why I needed to wait and leave the case open for a day.
Called back and was repeatedly put on hold while they "investigated". Finally the rep ruled the case in my favour. She did say at one point she was "making sure the buyer couldn't appeal". She said everything was done and the funds were released back to me. That was Wednesday.
At 3am this morning I got an email from ebay saying the case was on hold while they asked the buyer to confirm condition of the item received. What does this mean???

It means you should call eBay AGAIN and find out what gives.  It looks to me like your buyer wants their money back and one way or other they will try every option to get it. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply