Ebay fees on shipping cost

Does anyone know if Ebay.ca has started to charge fees on shipping yet?  I just sold something that I listed on ebay.com and was charged 11.5% fee for shipping cost.  That is higher than I pay for final value fees.  This is just crazy.  I can't offer free shipping, and include shipping in the selling price, since the products I sell vary so much for shipping fees depending on destination, and I don't like to overcharge on shipping.  I am actually thinking of quitting selling here and going else where to sell.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Negative would take care of them.

It never did anything back in the day. I really doubt that sellers who were heavily engaged in fee avoidance cared at all about the feedback they received.

In any event it's not just about fee avoidance, 99 cent items with $20 shipping doesn't make for happy buyers and they don't know and don't care if eBay charges fees on shipping or not.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 41 of 42
latest reply

Wow It's nice to see I'm not the only one shocked with the changes on ebay over the years.  Bogus_jones you are so right that ebay used to be a fun place to sell some items you had around the house that you never used any more but someone else could.  Like I had said to pierre on another post I had placed this a.m., with all the extras on top of the actual shipping cost a buyer could go to the store and buy the same product new with a warranty for the same or less cost. It is unfortunate that it has become a place to confusing and expensive, unless you have a store and lots of volume, for a once in awhile guy like me that takes it on the nose.  In Canada we have Kijiji that is free and over 4 million users.  They make there money on adds on their pages (who cares) and upgrades to listings etc.  I have sold many items on there but tried ebay again to reach a larger audience.  I will stick with was works and makes money for me as a once in awhile kinda list something guy.  To the rest, thanks for the chat.  Jack

Message 42 of 42
latest reply