Educating your buyers about DSRs

whoscloset
Community Member
As we all know, eBay is NOT telling buyers the impact of their feedback choices on the seller. The very large majority of buyers still think leaving 4 stars is a great rating and that neutrals are just that...neutral.

The IMA has set up a web page that will educate your buyers about the reality of the impact of their star ratings.

It is a great site to link to in all of your e-mails, etc.

http://www.leavingfeedback.com/

Monique

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Thanks Monique. I just checked it out and so far, definitely the best version of "here is the way it is" that I have seen. Appreciate the link. Oh and by the way, is it safe to go outside or the sidewalks still melting? 🙂
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

cosmic-king
Community Member
Yes clear and proper communication to educate the buyers. I think this is a great move in the proper direction. A collective voice has spoken with this effort. Very nice !

Kirk
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Oh and by the way, is it safe to go outside or the sidewalks still melting?

Pretty much melting...but what's worse is that we seem to be under a never-ending severe thunderstorm/tornado watch/warning. Yesterday we had to herd a group of 20 8-year old boys into the basement in the middle of a birthday party as what was rolling in off the lake appeared pretty ominous. Oh the joy of living on Lake Huron.

Truth be told...it's a small price to pay to live in paradise. 😉

Monique

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Great link Monique!! I will include that link with my final shipping email to the buyer. Did you see the post above from newengland re: Powersellers with Independant Websites? That group already has 250 members and is not accepting any more. I think that you would be an excellent leader for a group like that for Powersellers here that also have websites, that want to increase their website's visibility & selling power via linking to one another for search engines, sharing of ideas, etc, etc. Just a thought.

Axe.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
We have just added the following note to our acknowledgment of payment:
"Appropriate POSITIVE feedback will be left for you shortly.
While in the past we have always avoided any mention of our customer's feedback left for us;
we feel at this time of eBay's ever changing policies- we should take a moment to mention it.
Before leaving feedback for any eBay seller,
which is always most certainly appreciated- a brief glance at this website may be helpful:
http://www.leavingfeedback.com/ & http://leavingfeedback.com/page2.html "
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Hi Axe,

I actually joined the group back when there were just 50 members. Honestly I'm waiting to see what transpires as to whether their will be much value in it.

I am currently exploring some marketing ideas for my own website. I am taking some of the money I had previously invested in ebay and am setting up accounts with other venues such as shopping.com and oodle.com. Again, time will tell how valuable these resources are.

A few months back I posted the following to help ebayers who were interested in setting up their own website.

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jspa?messageID=500544577&forumID=44#500544577

I didn't think it would last long at the time so I set up a group with the same info just in case but never actually did anything with it. If anyone is interested in helping each other to set up an off-ebay site, promote one, develop SEO or share further info I would be happy to open up that group and we could begin sharing ideas and knowledge.

Monique

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
I really like their idea. A great tool to fight back against what Ebay has done to their customers, the Sellers. I am going to rework that info, in my own words, and send each buyer a letter with that info from now on.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Monique: You live on Lake Huron? I am in Sarnia. The storm tossed half of my neighbour's tree across my driveway yesterday.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thanks Monique, I just added a line to my shipping confirmations.

Cheers
Xena
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

That's great, Monique, count me in for sure if you start a group for website owners. I don't have a lot of time for these discussion boards, but I will make time if it helps build my website business or I can possibly be of any help to others just starting up.
Your info has been really helpful the last few months. Feel free to email me anytime at axe.n.gear@sympatico.ca with any info on this.

Cheers,
Axe.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Yep, I'm in Goderich. We are very close to the lake and can watch the storms roll in from our deck. They are pretty cool to watch come in but scary at the same time.

Monique

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Having taken the time to check out page 2 of the above link, all I can now say is "Yikes." Far far too much. We expect buyers who wont read 2 or 3 lines of an auction description to absorb all that? Um, dont think so.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply