First time using ebay and I hit commit to buy on a product, have I purchased this item?

deni.doyl
Community Member

Hi I have just opened an ebay account and I hit commit to buy on a product and it is showing under my purchase history. So have I actually purchased this item? I would have thought that when hitting this there would be a final step to complete the order which there wasn't so therefore I didn't think I had actually purchased this item. I am wondering if it says waiting payment does this mean I have not actually purchased it yet, cause it is not a product I want.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

First time using ebay and I hit commit to buy on a product, have I purchased this item?

yess you purchased it so you should pay now,or some people wait for an envoice,i always pay instantly

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You actually had to click twice to purchase,not just once.

Use Contact Seller and politely explain your dilemma. He can send you a Mutual Cancellation (if he agrees). If you get the MC, agree immediately and leave positive feedback, thanking the seller for his flexibility.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

BTW, there is also a Watch button on every listing which allows you to find again items that vaguely interested you but which you may not want to buy.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply