GOOD SELLERS VS BAD SELLERS ?

With all the new changes taking effect the net result will be that alot of small volume sellers will see their lifespan on ebay dramatically shortened given the DSR and BDR levels.

Here is a typical scenerio:

Seller A sells about 50 items a month
Seller B sells about 100 items a day

Seller A has one neg in last 30days from a disgruntled buyer and 2 neutrals

Seller B has 85 negative and 115 neutrals.

Guess which sellers is deemed to have poor buyer satisfaction ratings?

Seller A is now targetted by eBay and most likely will get a SNPC notice whereas Seller B goes on doing without any ramification whatsoever.

If eBay really cared about cleaning up the site then why would they not go after SELLER B given the about of dissatisfied buyers they are continually racking up month after month.

IMHO I think eBaY is wanting to weed out a large portion of the small sellers on here and make it very difficult for them to survive on ebay.

Just wanted to open this up for conversation - feel free to comment.

Have a nice day

TIM @ FTL
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Your math is faulty!

In your example, Seller B has already been restricted, they have lost powerseller status and are in immediate danger of being turfed permanently.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Actually RECPED read the post again, SELLER B sell 100 items a DAY x 31 Days = 3100 versus SELLER A that only sells 50 items a month or about 1/6th of what SELLER B sells in the same period.

Using ebay 5% buyer dissatisfaction rating scale SELLER B would need to have at least 150negs before being suspended.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

For the purposes of the NPS policy neutrals carry almost the same weight as negs.

Both Seller A & B have buyer dissatisfaction rates over 5% based on feedback alone not great in either case.

Selling scrap electronics is a risky business, I assume the profit margins make this a viable business.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Actually scrap electronics is not a profitable business at all we merely sell-off items like that because we know others can make use of it plus we list most items in this category at 0.99cents.

Many buyers are happy to purchase it since it has the part that they made need to fix their item.

Not to mention repair centers that purchase items for their own use to fix customers items.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Actually scrap electronics is not a profitable business at all

Then why do it?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

We are not in the scrap electronic business, like I said in my last post we merely sell-of the item that have some salvageable parts.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply