Hello got a question: Best way to close down for a month?

Hey everyone...long time no chat. After 5 years on eBay I've somewhat moved on. Sales have dropped so much since I started and not only that, so have my profit margins. Something had to give and it was long overdue. I'm now working full time for someone else making a "real" living. Anyhow, I still have lots of inventory and am listing as time permits. I have a question though.

I have to shut down my store for about 4 weeks. I used to just hide the listings but that was back in the days of a $15/month store fee. Now that the store fee is $50 a month, I'm thinking maybe I should just close it down and re-open it in a month's time. I'm just not sure of the ins and outs and am wondering if anyone has any advice.

Thanks!

Catherine
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

nan*55
Community Member
Just close it and when you reopen it saves all your settings. But not the listings.
I closed for 5 months and when I reopened everything was still there with same URL.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

If you don't want to re-do all your listings, you could downgrade to a basic store and put it on vacation. Upgrade back to the $50 store when you are ready to go again.

Ann
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member
You could also save all your listings to turbo lister.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

zarzuella What a clever suggestion! I must remember that when I go on vacation next year! Thank you .
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately I can't use Turbolister as it is not Mac friendly; and I'd rather pay the $16 than relist all my items 😐
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Remember that it's not just the price of the basic store you pay, but also the higher relist fees when your items relist. Those can add up with the basic store.

Susan
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I don't use GTC, so not an issue.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I work in Asia during 2 summer months, so I close my store every year since 2004. I close all 1000 listings and close the store. After I come back I relist the items (there is a bulk relist option in the selling manager). The store settings are remembered by Ebay for longtime, but the listings only for 60 days.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Interesting. I have found lately that all my unsold items in SMPro are cleared out at the end of every month.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

My Unsolds hang around a lot longer than that, but I also save the actual descriptions in a text file on my desktop, with all the HTMLcoding in place.

And that textfile is further backed by a thumb drive and the occasional burned CD.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply