How to email EBAY re: dispute resolution???????????

Chinese seller sent refurbished/defective hard drives from a Canadian address and wants me to pay for returning the items TO CHINA.

EBay dispute resolution of ZERO help and NO WAY TO CONTACT EBAY that I can find.

**bleep** am I supposed to do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

you need to phone them to get this mess fixed,might take a bit of time on the phone but if the item is shipped from the usa or canada i cant see sending to china being it needs to be tracked and depending on the weight and size it could be anywear from 50 dollars to 200 plus there are contact ebay at many places on this site sorry i cant help more but im hopeing someone else will.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You have to sitting be at a desktop computer to see it but there is a Help & Contact at the top and bottom of each page. You'll have to walk-through the menu choices to find something under Buying Problems like Item Isn't As Described and then scroll to the bottom of the page to find the phone number under the Contact Us button. Have patience, you may be on hold for awhile and have to explain your problem to more than one agent. Good luck. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You definitely should talk to a live agent at eBay, the seller cannot ask you to ship the item back to a different address than it was shipped from, and if the item is not as described, the seller is obligated to cover the shipping costs to you and from you.  This has happened to me before as a seller where eBay forced me to cover the shipping costs on an item that was perfectly fine and the customer told me that they changed their mind, but when they filled for a return they chose the option "item not as described"  Customers use this loop hole on eBay when they don't have a legitimate reason to return an item and they don't want to pay shipping and they know that eBay will side with them.

in your case, you have every legitimate reason to get your money back and if a return is required, the seller should either send you a shipping label or cover the shipping costs.

It is much better to talk to eBay and explain your situation and they should help you over the phone.  if that fails, you can always dispute the charges on PayPal.  Make sure you deal with it in a timely manner.

Good luck

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Like seriously, in a day and age of emails and messaging, why would eBay have an outdated phone contact only method? That makes no sense to me. I refuse to phone eBay. If I need help with something, and the only way to get it fixed is to phone them, I will just close my account permanently, and make a new one.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply