I have an auction and someone made me an offer that is very good...how can I accept it and end the auction? Thanks

I have an auction and someone made me an offer that is very good...how can I accept it and end the auction?  Thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have an auction and someone made me an offer that is very good...how can I accept it and end the auction? Thanks

I think that you must have it in your listing  stating Best offer, and if someone is bidding on this item you can not end to offer it someone else. If there are no bids you can Revise your listing to make changes and select the Best Offer option. Hope this helps

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

New sellers often get these sketchey offers. Usually the best response is to invite him to bid and offer an express shipping method.

At worst,he waits seven extra days, often only one or two.

Remind him that he is unlikely to get his item in time for Christmas at this late date. Give him the cost of ExpressPost shipping to his location.

Yes, I said sketchey. All too often, the offer comes from someone who knows that most bids arrive in the last few moments of the listing and that the item is likely to sell for more than his offer. Hmm- check his feedback, is he also a seller? That's not unusual either.

With The Hobbit opening next week those LotR figures might do very well.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply