I have come across a seller who is selling fake antiques. How do I report them to eBay?

I am a long-time antique collector in a variety of areas, and buyer on eBay.  I sell occasionally here as well.  While researching an item recently, I came across a seller who I am certain is selling fake reproductions of Tiffany, art glass, etc., and fraudulently passing them off as real.  They sell multiple items of very rare pieces, all with the SAME photos and identical descriptions (over time).  And all with `private`settings, of course.  It is IMPOSSIBLE to have as many of what they claim to have, but they are very sneaky about it frankly.

I found this anomaly when looking at sold listings.  I tried to report them to eBay, but I couldn`t figure out how to do it.  Frustrating!  Mainly because I personally have never bought anything from them myself I guess, I just didn`t see any way to be able to.

It bothers me that a seller would take advantage of people like this.  Because these are not `mistakes`, this is flat-out lying and fraud, believe me.  If any of you could help or make suggestions as to something I could do, please let me know!  Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I have come across a seller who is selling fake antiques. How do I report them to eBay?

Tiffany is one of the brands that are covered by the VeRO program. Make sure you give the brand names in your Report.

http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sr?search=1&query=1732&popularTool=true&st=0&popularToolName=Report+an+it...

Message 2 of 2
latest reply