I think, I will boycot feedback system allthogether

itrecovery
Community Member
So, we have DSR for 6 months now.

I have pretty good results for first two DSR's, but shipping is mission ompossible.

I ship at cost (shipping + materials) same day or in worse case scenario next day, but my shipping rating 4.6 and 4.5, which means no discount. I don't see with soaring shipping cost you can get better rating, unless you subsidise shipping out of profit.

Basically I have no reasons to give rats about my DSR or feedback.

As I won't be able warn other sellers about bad byers soon, why bother wasting time with feedback at all. It became just time wasting activity.

I stopped give any feedback for a month twice and it did nothing to sales, so the more I thing about it, the more I convinced that feedback is really just an optional activity.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

tea_past_times
Community Member
I too plan to stop leaving feedback or reading feedback left for me, starting in May. Once the system is rendered useless by the changes, there really is no longer any sense to participating. I've read from many others that they too will no longer bother with the feedback system after May. Maybe we will all start ignoring feedback, buyers and sellers alike, once it means absolutely nothing!
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
In addition to that, anyone asking why I didn't leave feedback will have it explained, that the feedback system doesn't exist anymore, and why I feel that way.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
"feedback system doesn't exist anymore"

Thsi is excellent way to put it. Thanks. I'll just put it right into my listings.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yeah,
I hear ya,
I should have way more feedback than what we show, and it seems that only about half of my customers find the time to leave feedback at all, so why should we bother, especially when soon we won't even be able to fairly appraise a buyer (or warn other sellers) with a well deserved negative?
And I, too, like most people, lose money every day on shipping, and still can only sqeak a 4.7 out of it.
Who thinks these rules up, anyway, some 5 year old??

Well, I have to go now to list my stuff for 1 cent.......NOT!!!!!!! (Good thing my website sales are cookin'....I'd be starvin' if it were up to doing all of my business on eBay alone)!!!!

AXE
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Same here, come MAY we will no longer be leaving feedbacks period until eBaY returns our rights as a SELLER to leave feedback.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I received a call yesterday from a very nice lady from eBay Seller Development. She called to explain the changes and the benefits you will receive being a PS.

She listened very carefully, (the conversation was recorded), to all of the issues that I brought up.

I told her about the problem we have with buyers rating the shippers' delivery times and costs, both of which SHE mentioned that we cannot control. I mentioned that some of the sellers, like myself, are including notes in the email we send when the item is shipped explaining that they are rating the seller, not the shipper, and that they are still not leaving really good ratings no matter what you do.

I also mentioned the problem many sellers have with shipping costs in Canada compared to the U.S. making it hard to compete with the U.S. market. We talked about shipping within Canada being more expensive than shipping international. When she mentioned seller protection I told her about light & small packet having no tracking and the fact that there is no viable alternative for small inexpensive items, etc....

Another issue we discussed is the additional item "discount" not showing the correct amount for different countries since they started doing it in reverse. I told her it makes my competitor's rates look better because she overcharges for shipping in the first place so her discount looks better.

I also said that I don't like this 1 cent listing week since my competitor will take advantage of it, undercut my prices and make her money on S/H. She was very interested in that. I hope something is done about it now (not holding my breath...don't want to die yet).

Can't remember anything else offhand, but we talked for quite awhile and I brought up everything I could think of...too bad I couldn't have had a list prepared in advance. You may want to get one ready in case you get a call so you can have all of your issues heard and recorded.

Many of you may be getting the same call. I received an email today with links to all of the info on changes...that we already know about...and I have to complete a survey re the phone call.

The seller dashboard, she said, is starting to show up and should roll out by May.

Now....I'm off to complete the survey!!!!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply