Lp mailers in Canada ??

Hello all,
I'm looking to buy lp mailers. Does anyone know where to get them in Canada, preferably in or around Montreal? I check the internet, the yellow pages, etc. I found pizza boxes (14x14)(they're slightly too large), but I'd like to get the real thing at an affordable price if possible.

Thanks.

Laurent
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Lp mailers in Canada ??

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I would suggest checking with a DJ store or a DJ Record store where they still sell vinyl.

Also there are a couple of record companies in Montreal, check them out as I am sure they use mailers to send out samples to the radio stations.

You can also get in touch with a paper distributor. Check under the yellow pages. They will have the resources to direct you to the right source or they may have the LP mailers themselves.

Depending on the quantity you think you will require, you would be surprised at how inexpensive it is to have a small box converter make 500 or 1,000 for you if you were planning on doing that sort of quantity of sales and mailings.

Again, Montreal has alot of these types of converters around.

Malcolm
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Lp mailers in Canada ??

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Laurent
if you need the name of some converters or paper distributors I can get you that information (I was in the paper business and have the resource books with names, addresses, phone numbers and what they all produce or carry)

Malcolm
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Lp mailers in Canada ??

If you cna't find anything local try http://www.chiswick.com/.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Lp mailers in Canada ??

blaurent
Community Member
Hi Laurent!

I sell photos and have all my packaging custom made but a company called Emballages Novotel, in Le Gardeur (Repentigny). They're mainly working on corrugated cardboard and they had the ebst prices for what I was looking for 4 years ago. I haven't checked anywhere else since then.
Last order was for 220 14x12x1 inches inside dimension boxes at a cost of $272 canadian before taxes.

Delivery is also included in the price but since the time they came on St Denis (just south of Sherbrooke) with a big semi truck and my small order in an empty trailer, I thought I might as well get it myself whenever possible!

Email me if you can't find their phone number.

another Laurent in Montreal!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Lp mailers in Canada ??

Star Records in Oshawa,Ontario has really good ones. heavy duty cardboard, easy fold, good flaps for extra protection and expandable. they are MUCH MUCH better than what BAGS UNLIMITED in Rochester offer 'though at almost twice the price. (1.10-1.15 CAD/per). I've seen lots of mailers people have had made at their local packaging.paper distributor and they are usually of flimsy cardboard and have no perfs for folding and aren't expandable.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply