MC098 Suspicious buyer for item

Very strange situation I am facing today.... on Sept. 30, a buyer sent an offer for one of my items. I accepted it the following day. After 4 days, I sent a friendly reminder to the buyer as I usually do, but no response. On day 5, I opened an UID. Today, I received the payment and an apology message from the buyer saying he was caught up in work. Some time later in the day, I get a message from eBay saying they cancelled my listing and the buyer is No longer a Registered user.

What should I do? Do I ship the item? Or do I just refund the buyer?

What is very strange is that eBay deleted my listing completely, so I cannot even relist it! Why would they do that?? In their message, EBAY wrote the following (NOT buyer - I put this in bold and underlined, because I don't want my message to be modified by moderator):

In these types of situations, we'll credit the final value fee for removed listings won by this buyer, and also the insertion fee if it was a single-quantity listing.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).
We've also made it easy to relist your item if it was removed. Although the item is no longer available in search listings, you will find it in the Sold section of My eBay.

Which one is it? Will eBay credit the FVF or not? I look into my account and they did not even credit it!

Also, it would be completely impossible to relist, because EBAY deleted the listing! Fortunately, this was already a relist so I hope to be able to relist it again from the original item or at least try "Sell similar". I hope I won't have to do it from scratch again... there were so many pictures that I lost because my computer crashed since then.

Anyway, I'll await your advice 😉

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I did not think about the 7 days shipping... is this enforced in a case of Item Non Received, even if I have tracking? Because if I choose to ship, there is no doubt in my mind I will ship it with tracking, which is the service the buyer paid for anyway (package over 1 kg). But if the buyer can win a claim even if it shows as delivered, I won't bother to ship and just refund....

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

<<  the 7 days shipping... is this enforced ...?>>

I wouldn't think so, not if you were to, say, get it in the mail first thing Monday and then inform the buyer

of the tracking number right away.  I am sure the whole transaction would go well.

Raphael did not say there was any reason for not sending the item, - he did not urge you to refund.  

But it's not my decision.  It's yours.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply