PS Canada eh? Congratulations!

thebidwatcher
Community Member
As a total PS discussion board addict, I am thrilled that I can now be a click away from another Power Seller discussion outlet. I have been a regular contributor to PS ebay.com and I have tried give a Canadian perspective on lots of issues.

It usually ends up with a joke about me selling beaver on eBay. LOL.

So I've bookmarked this one as well as Town Square and I look forward to having a lot of fun on this board too. Way to go!

Lisa (thebidwatcher)
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

muminlaw
Community Member
Great! Another place to waste a little time when work feels too much like .... well, like work!

I'd like to add my congratulations too! This'll be a welcome addition, especially when we need a Canadian solution to some situations. I'll be checking back regularly -- usually just to lurk but sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 2 of 36
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
Very welcome addition. We here in Canada have some different concerns at times than our friends to the south. This will be nice to discuss Canadian problems. bidwatcher you just keep selling that beaver. I am sure some day it will become popular. Thanks & Welcome!

Don
Message 3 of 36
latest reply

plumbrokeacres
Community Member
Hi fellow Canucks!
Finally a place I don't have to hear the canadian bashing 🙂
Looking forward to a canadian spin on the selling problems. and another reason not to get my listings up on time.

Andrew
Message 4 of 36
latest reply

mevans_cda
Community Member
Hi all! Excellent idea to have our own board. Looking forward to hanging out here much more!

Congrats on the new red you're sporting firedept!
Message 5 of 36
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Congrats, Don, on your new "fire-engine red" star!

Bill

Bill

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

north-of-55
Community Member
Hello to all! Great to be on this fresh board!
Message 7 of 36
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
Hey and they used my picture from when I was psotm on ebay.com! (under my old ID awesome_exports)
Message 8 of 36
latest reply

relic
Community Member
Hello all, look forward to learning more tips that will get me outa my boring day job and into this full time.
Message 9 of 36
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
Thanks folks! Lots of work to get there. Now I look forward to my green. Also, when do we get a PSOTM! Plus who are the pinks monitoring this board. Please introduce yourself. Hello Moira, it was a pleasure meeting you when you were in Edmonton. Have a great day everyone.

Don
Message 10 of 36
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Conrats on the red star firedept. I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Nice feeling "eh".
Message 11 of 36
latest reply

astro1
Community Member
Hello all.

I'm happy that we finally got our own board. Good luck to all.

Richard

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

cmagor-ctvi
Community Member
Yes it is good to have our own little corner, but it would have been nice to have been told about it instead of being dumped here unceremoniously!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and as I'm just completing my first month as a PS I'm always looking for tips on ways to improve!

Chris.
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Hello cmagor. I totally agree. I have to say I really resent how they did it. I've never been with ebay.ca I don't list on it or anything. To be forced here really bugs me. I mean I have no problem being here. Seems like a real nice crowd, and I have every intention of keep coming back, but they've forced this on me, without my consent, or input and I'm royally p*ssed.
Message 14 of 36
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
deltone, let me get this straight. You are a Power Seller on eBay. You list under a Canadian address but like to hang out on the .com PS board. You have no problem being here. The crowd is nice and you have every intention of coming back.

But you are p*ssed because you have been directed to the Canadian PS discussion board because you did not receive a written invitation first?

What is the big deal? For a week now we have been talking and you have been given lots of ways to navigate both sites. Sure it might be a bit glitchy at first but here is a place to give/get a Canadian perspective and you have contributed beautifully!

So cheer up! This is a discussion board. No one is forcing you to do anything.

Lisa

Message 15 of 36
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Sorry, Lisa, I kinda have to agree with deltone on this one. I won't say I'm p*ssed but I am disappointed.

There is a nice way to do things and eBay.ca messed up.

Sure, links have been posted to .com board but the fact remains that .ca took a bit of a heavy-handed approach in just redirecting Canuck traffic. Why not let me choose where I want to go and let me have the option of visiting the new board? Why not send an invite instead of arbitrarily redirecting anyone registered in Canada to the new board? I am of the opinion that Powersellers deserve that much from eBay. Smacks a bit to me like profiling. :<)

Like deltone, I'm happy that the board exists and that we now have a home to hang our touques. It's going to be a great alternative to the .com board and a little haven of civility, I am sure.

Bill

Bill

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
I can't even figure out what you're talking about! I received a nice invitation to this board, and when I got here I bookmarked it. I also have the .com board bookmarked. No one is forcing me to go to either one!

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 17 of 36
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
I was "dumped" on the Canadian board too, but not until after I had learned it existed on the .com board. Next time I logged in, here I was and I wasn't sure how it happened! I now have both boards bookmarked, in fact I have the direct links on my desktop (I AM NOT addicted!) and I finally got the official invite a day later. The timing could have been better, but now we have a choice between the two boards! I wonder if the US PSers have the option to log into the Canuckian board??!!! It just might broaden their outlook if they do!

Glenda
Glenda

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
Perhaps if you are registered on ebay.com and post on PS.com you did not get "dumped" onto the .ca PS board? I certainly did not.

I saw a thread on the Town Square and ran - not walked over and set up my bookmarks for this board, and the .ca PS launch page (where there is a link to the PS.com site).

So, if you were registered on Canada only and then usually went to .com - but suddenly found yourself only accessing Canada, I guess it would be a surprise.

After being on eBay full time for a over a year, true confession I am an eBay-ohlic, I would just work it out on my keyboard and get posting. But that is me.

So if you needed a bit more warning and I seemed uncaring, I apologize. Not everyone is eBay savvy (obsessed) like me!

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Lisa, I'm registered on the .com (I don't think there WAS a .ca when I first registered) but the first time I tried to link to the .com PS board after the .ca board was up and running, I was redirected here without notice! It didn't take long to figure out what had happened - and believe me, you're not alone in being eBay obsessed! I'm supposed to be packing to leave for 2 weeks of trade shows tomorrow - what am I doing on the boards??!!!

Glenda
Glenda

Message 20 of 36
latest reply